MAME 0.106u13 was released on 20 July 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Krick added some more fixes for the DTD in the -listxml output.
- MASH added more previously dumped PLDs to a number of games.
- Nathan Woods fixed a uninitialized variable in the debugger commenting code. Cleaned up allocations.
- Nathan Woods improved multisession support with the new renderer.
- Robert hooked up color PROM for schaser and fixed DIP switches.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that caused -prescale in Direct3D mode to fail in the last release.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that led to black crosshairs in lightgun games.
- Aaron Giles reimplemented the sparkle circuit to bring back stars in Tempest.
- Aaron Giles removed the background brightness in vector games by default. If you want to see the overlays faintly on vector games, increase the brightness a bit.
- Aaron Giles added more Crystal Castles tweaks:
- Connected EAROM correctly (passes POST now)
- Added a guess for what the "POTATO" chip does. If you're a CC fan report to MAMETesters how MAME looks compared to the arcade when the screen scrolls up inbetween level 4 and 5.
- Aaron Giles rewrote Cloud 9 driver to mimic the Crystal Castles driver since it is obviously an early version of the same hardware:
- Implemented video RAM banking correctly based on tracing out a Firebeast PCB, which appears to be identical
- Traced out color mapping and implemented correctly
- Reduced EAROM down to 4 bits
- Fixed DIP switch definitions
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status