MAME 0.107u2 was released on 3 August 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Alex Jackson did a massive cleanup/fixing of 16-bit Sega drivers:
- many corrections to descriptive set names, adding revision letters, cabinet types, etc.
- fixed many DIP switches and added PORT_DIPLOCATION support
- adjusted min/max values for analog controls to improve response
- fixed button ordering between System 16A/B
- cleaned up a number of ROM names and fixed some incorrect guesses
- some cleanup of turbo.c as well
- fixed visible area in Hang-On hardware
- actually disabling 8751 in games that have a fake replacement
- hooked up 8255 PPI correctly now that it has mode 2 support
- fixed behavior of NMI line in later sega sound boards
- fixed addressing in the SegaPCM sound system
- some hardware/documentation cleanup
- Nathan Woods did some cleanups in the new UI/video code to make MESS happy.
- Nathan Woods added macros to prevent use of strcasecmp and strncasecmp for better cross-platform compatibility.
- Antoine Mine connected unimplemented opcode $01 on the 6809 core.
- Nathan Woods implemented CNT pin and some serial features of the 6526 CIA chip.
- Canim mapped the service button in slammast.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug in 8039 CPU handling of A11 latch.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the Zaxxon driver from the schematics. This is still a WIP (not finished yet):
- correct clock speeds and video timing
- complete memory maps
- connected universal sound board to Ixion and Razmataz
- simplified video code and merged common cases together
- palette derived from resistor weights
- background positioning still a little off
- Aaron Giles added service_coin_lockout_w() to lockout service coins.
- Aaron Giles added MDRV_SCREEN_RAW_PARAMS() which lets you specify a pixel clock, horizontal, and vertical video timing values in place of the usual screen size, visible area, refresh rate, and VBLANK timing values.
- Aaron Giles fixed a bug that prevented save/restore from working in the UI.
- Aaron Giles changed mode selection logic so that refresh is weighted more strongly when picking a mode. This allows you to specify -resolution 0x0@60 to force MAME to pick a 60Hz screen refresh while allowing it to choose the best resolution.
New clones added