MAME 0.108u2 was released on 31 August 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:,
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nathan Woods fixed options_output_ini_file() and options_output_ini_mame_file() to properly handle string options containing spaces.
- wolf676 fixed incorrect DIP switches in Trivia (Version 1.03), Selection, and Poker games (getrivia.c).
- Roberto Fresca added PORT_DIPLOCATION macros to a number of drivers based on research.
- Nathan Woods fixed several issues with pausing and the multithreading code.
- El Condor cleaned up the vacfdisp module to display 14 and 16 segment displays. Added a separate character set for the OKI MSC1937. Changes Scorpion 2 to the new system. Tidied up the 6840 emulator a bit.
- MASH attempted to fix the bad Space Odyssey ROM by using data from the previous dump. It is still marked BAD_DUMP (we would like to get an actual dump), but the new Space Odyssey is now playable.
- Buddabing removed recently-introduced case dependency in the ROM naming.
- Aaron Giles added new option -multithreading (-mt) which enables the previous multithreaded rendering code. This code has had problems on some systems, especially pre-XP systems, so consider it experimental. If you want to help debug issues, enable LOG_THREADS in windows/window.c and post them to MAMETesters.org with a description of your problem and your system. If you don't have hyperthreading, dual core, or a multi-CPU system, don't bother turning this flag on.
- Aaron Giles changed the behavior of the led7seg primitive. It now no longer takes a state value but accepts states from 0-255, allowing independent control over all 7 segments and the decimal. Ordered the segments according to standard order. Updated the Turbo driver to do its own BCD decoding via an LS48 decoder to control the segments directly. This will break existing layouts using the led7seg primitive.
- Aaron Giles did further turbo driver cleanup. Still in WIP.
- derived sprite scaling from PROMs and R/C values (still not 100%)
- rewrote most of the video/sprite handling
- identified all PROMs and used them where appropriate
- added a more complete 8279 implementation
- converted 7-segment LEDs to the new behavior described above
New games supported or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added