MAME 0.108u3 was released on 7 September 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Robiza improved offsets of the "normal spites" in the SSV games twineag2, ultrax, and dynagear.
- David Haywood added a missing video change to the lethalen driver.
- Andrew Gardner made some improvements to the debugger:
- added ability to tab between views in the disassembly windows
- added a 'cursor' to the dasm view and hooked up navigation keys
- added F4 'run to here' key when the disasm view has focus
- added F9 'toggle breakpoint' key when the disasm view has focus
- enhanced memory view keyboard navigation
- David Haywood added a workaround for a crash in the sound code under some edge cases.
- David Haywood fixed background ROM loading in the new wbmlbg set.
- wolf676 overhauled and corrected the DIP switches in the trivia and quiz games in the findout driver.
- Eugene Sandulenko made TIA-MC1 driver improvements:
- fixed documentation
- hooked game counter and coin lockout
- added save state support
- El Condor fixed the 6840 counter behavior in continuous mode.
- wolf676 identified some unknown DIP switches in Robby Roto.
- Steph commited a big update to the arkanoid driver which improves emulation of some bootlegs:
- Interverted 'arkblock' and 'arkbloc2' sets for better comparaison
- Renamed sets :
- 'arkbl2' -> 'arkmcubl'
- 'arkbl3' -> 'arkgcbl'
- Changed some games descriptions
- Removed flags from the following sets :
- 'arkbloc2' (old 'arkblock')
- 'arkgcbl' (old 'arkbl3')
- Nathan Woods fixed a multithreading race condition at startup.
- Firewave added some minimal validation on the sample rate configuration parameters.
- Brian Troha fixed a few DIP switches and added diplocation setting for Wonder Stick in the nmg5.c driver.
- El Condor did a big update to the MPU4 driver:
- added support for reverse clocking in the VFD code.
- changed the 6840 to not run the counter clock if no frequency is specified
- reworked the MPU4 drastically to be more in sync with AGEMAME
- MPU4 video should now be working a little better
- deprecated 6850acia.c, replacing it with a specialized driver
- Nathan Woods updated core.mak to ensure the make clean will remove file2str.exe.
- Aaron Giles added a new ROM loading option, ROM_IGNORE() which works just like ROM_CONTINUE() except that you don't need to load the data anywhere. It can be used when larger ROMs are present and only a portion of the data is used. See solomon.c for an example.
- Aaron Giles added a driver_data member to the Machine structure, where drivers can hang data instead of using global variables. Added MDRV_DRIVER_DATA macro so the core can allocate this structure at startup. Added AM_BASE_MEMBER and AM_SIZE_MEMBER which are similar to AM_BASE and AM_SIZE but let you specify a member of a struct hanging off of driver_data. Updated the Turbo driver to use these new features as an experiment.
- Aaron Giles commited more Turbo driver cleanups:
- doubled the horizontal resolution to better draw analog sprites
- improved Buck Rogers and Subroc video
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING