MAME 0.108u4 was released on 14 September 2006.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- El Condor added support for reverse-order entries in the BFM code.
- wolf676 cleaned up DIP switches and documentation in the merit.c and coinmstr.c drivers.
- El Condor updated the MPU4 layout and added more documentation.
- R. Belmont fixed neocrypt.c to work on big-endian machines.
- Robert improved DIP switches for spcewars and invadpt2. Fixed sound in spcewars.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed the UI for cheat system watchpoints, making them usable again.
- Robiza fixed flipscreen mode for liquidk and other games using the same Taito graphics chips.
- steph added many more notes/info to the arkanoid driver.
- Vas Crabb added save state support for YM3812, YM3526 and uPD7759 sound chips, and Prehistoric Isle video hardware. Also added partial save state support for the Y8950 sound chip.
- Aaron Giles did a bit of object-orienting the core. All core init functions now take a running_machine parameter. All exit, reset, and pause callbacks now require a running_machine parameter to register, and pass in the running_machine when called.
- Aaron Giles added a running_machine parameter to the following driver callbacks:
For the most part, this didn't affect the code thanks to the macros, apart from cases where direct calls were made.
- Aaron Giles altered most of the mame.c and palette.c interfaces to take a running_machine parameter. Hung private data for these modules off of the running_machine structure instead of using global variables.
- Aaron Giles did some cleanup and de-Achoization of the palette code. Removed some features used only by Grand Champion, which only complicated things for all the other drivers. Marked Grand Champion as imperfect graphics until it gets rewritten.
- Aaron Giles had to visit all call sites of palette_set_color to add the running_machine parameter, he also updated quite a lot of them to use the nice palnbit() inlines in palette.h, which cleaned up the code in many cases. Since this was a manual process, I probably messed up one or two cases, so if you notice odd colors, please report them to the http://mametesters.org/ site.
- Aaron Giles did more Turbo work: cleaned up the sound code, added support for proper speaker placement in all games, a few other minor fixes. Sprite scaling is still not 100%, but I need some real hardware to verify. Apart from that, no further work is planned.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added