MAME 0.112u2 was released on 18 February 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Curt Coder Improved the cidelsa driver:
- rewrote the cdp1802 cpu emulation as a state machine
- fixed Draco dips and inputs (what a strange game!)
- added NVRAM to Destroyer/Draco (Altair has no battery on the PCB)
- fixed some clocks
- Canim fixed the mapping of spaceship controls in spcenctr.
- Atari Ace removed the inclusion of unnecessary header files across the project.
- Derrick Renaud added discrete filters to the new Namco 54xx sound effects. Also implemented filters for the 52xx sound effects in preparation for future changes.
- Bob Seidel added pause support to the output system:
- added "pause" message through the Output system to let clients know when MAME is paused
- the state of an item is now sent when the item is first created
- updated ledutil to use the pause state
- Mike Haaland added cocktail mode and DIP locations to the Millipede driver.
- Kaneko driver improvements:
- Gary Walkling and Sebastien Volpe improved bloodwar
- protection data extracted, still needs to be verified
- collision detection simulation thanks to tests on real board
- Guru and Sebastien Volpe improved bonkadv
- protection data fully verified: corrects tilemap colors in levels 2 and 3
- correct implementation of MCU command 43
- Ernesto Corvi fixed the behavior of MOVEC instruction on later 680x0 chips, and in the disassembler.
- Brian Troha properly idenitified sound ROMs for Altered Beast set 2.
- Ville Linde fixed a bug in debugger that caused incorrect end offsets to be computed on CPUs with an address shift.
- Nathan Woods Moved some additional pieces of core functionality in the the core utility library.
- Aaron Giles changed font scaling again. Fonts 24 pixels tall and above are scaled the old way. Fonts smaller than that are scaled via integral scale factors and adjusted the new way.
- Aaron Giles added a small optimization to the FD1094 decoding step.
- Aaron Giles added several new modules to the utility library libutil. First is a generic huffman encoding module. Second is a module that allows you to read/write AVI files in a platform-independent way. And third is a lossless A/V compression module. These three pieces together, plus some changes in the CHD code, allow for the creation of CHDs with compressed audio and video.
- Aaron Giles added two new commands to chdman: -createav converts an AVI file in uncompressed YUY format or HuffYUV-compressed YUY format with "left" prediction into a CHD. And -extractav converts a CHD containing compressed audio & video into an uncompressed YUY format AVI file.
- Aaron Giles finished hooking up laserdisc support to the new audio/video compression. Note that we still do not have canonical CHDs of laserdisc data at the moment, but all the support is now present for when they start to appear.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING