MAME 0.112u4 was released on 1 March 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Derrick Renaud added discrete sound for Checkmate:
- new DISCRETE_ADJUSTMENT_TAG module that uses tags instead of port numbers. Updated all games to use it, because it is now the preferred method.
- added PORT_CROSSHAIRs to triplhnt.
- smf made a minor Konami 573 system update:
- marks two games as working which were incorrectly tagged
- adds the correct hashes for 845jab02
- added NO_DUMP's for all the flash roms
- Aaron Giles fixed a number of issues related to the new streaming engine and sound code:
- fixed crash when restoring from a save state
- fixed crash when running with -nosound
- fixed loud looping when halted in the debugger
- fixed crash when changing sample rates (YM2203 mainly)
- fixed crash in k054539 sound core
- Zsolt Vasvari updated the Midway 8080 driver:
- fixed bug where mw8080bw games would freeze after state load.
- corrected DIP SW order in M-4
- converted Dog Patch to PORT_POSITIONAL
- hoot development team made RF5C400 sound core improvements:
- implemented volume envelopes
- ccorrected the channel volume calculation
- documented registers for reverb, chorus, and per-channel digital filter (actual effects are not implemented yet)
- stephh updated a number of drivers to use the new PORT_DIPUNUSED macros.
- Nathan Woods made improvements to the memory pool routines:
- added a pool_clear() call, to clear out a memory pool without freeing the pool itself
- added support for pool_realloc() with a size of zero, which effectively frees a pointer within a pool
- added testing code to validate pool behavior
- MAME32Plus and Aaron Giles added support for more flexible word wrapping with CJK characters. Also added wrapping on hyphens.
- Nicola Salmoria, Lord Nightmare, and Ernesto Corvi added T5182 support, which gives sound to darkmist, mustache and panicr. Also changed the YM2151 to prevent timer problems, and added the missing flip X in Mustache Boy.
- Derrick Renaud made more input fixes and improvements:
- fixed some obscure masking, shifting, overflow, and signed problems in the input system. Most noticeably this fixes the analog controls in sfootbal and stops the pedal in redlin2p from rotating through gas/no gas as the pedal is pressed.
- analog ports no longer save and load their default value from the config file. It should only ever use the value specified in the driver, and storing it can cause problems the more the game is restarted and the value starts to change.
- added a bunch of validity tests to the analog ports. Some are commented out until the problems they uncovered are fixed.
- analog ports now defalt to a PORT_MINMAX of (0,mask). This means you no longer have to specify PORT_MINMAX if you are not using any limits. Removed a bunch of no longer needed PORT_MINMAX entries.
- Aaron Giles fixes a number of random crashes in games by clearing bitmaps to 0 by default.
- Aaron Giles modified the raster position calculations to round to the nearest pixel which produces more consistent results.
- Aaron Giles changed most sound cores to generate audio at their internal clock rates (or some multiple/divisor of them) rather than at the user specified output rate. This completes the second step of decoupling audio emulation from the user's sample rate choice.
- Aaron Giles removed a big pile of goofiness from the DMA-driven DAC driver now that it is no longer necessary.
- Aaron Giles removed custom sound code from cchasm and replaced it with a simple DAC implementation.
- Aaron Giles cleaned up the attckufo driver, making it perform like a 1MHz 6502 game once again.
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING