MAME 0.116u3 was released on 28 June 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- R. Belmont fixed warnings generated by newer gcc compilers.
- Zsolt Vasvari made general driver cleanups:
- changed some more global ‘Machine’ to local ‘machine’
- standardized on the function name ‘draw_sprites’
- removed some antiquated boilerplate comments
- Zsolt Vasvari updated the FM emulator to use mame_time instead of double. Removed old neogeo hack from FM code as it appears to no longer be necessary.
- Zsolt Vasvari updated all sound cores to use mame_time instead of double.
- robiza populated several more Irem CPU opcodes for gussun.
- R. Belmont fixed the CPS3 code to work on big-endian systems.
- Atari Ace fixed code_to_token() to prevent potential buffer overflows.
- Atari Ace fixed crashes in non-working drivers dynablsb and driveyes.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed all CPU cores’ internal timers to the mame_timer* functions as well as the remaining couple of core files that still used timer_alloc(). After this, none of the emu/* files have any old style timing code left.
- David Haywood made various CPS3 updates as documented on his blog.
- couriersud created a new resistor network interface for computing palettes from color PROMs and component values on the PCB. Fixed several issues with the previous implementation.
- couriersud made a Donkey Kong driver update:
- added sprite ram bank switching from schematics
- combined memory maps
- first attempts on decoding m58815
- radarsc1 driver for radarscope trs01 hardware
- all drivers use VIDEO_RAW now
- fixed cocktail issues
- combined io and sound memory maps
- implemented background handling (disable prom /CS line) in all dkong drivers
- couriersud extended the flt_rc filter to support highpass filtering. Fixed the lowpass filter to actually do a lowpass filter. Hooked up the filter to King & Balloon and updated several other drivers to the new interface.
- Christophe Jaillet added support in the main makefile for profiling. Set PROFILE=1 to turn this on.
- Aaron Giles temporarily reverted the input code back to MAME 0.116 baseline pending deeper analysis and upcoming core changes to simplify the OSD layer for input management.
- Aaron Giles changed a number of stderr fprintf's in the Windows OSD code to mame_printf_error and mame_printf_warning calls, as appropriate.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING