MAME 0.116u4 was released on 5 July 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Adam Bousley fixed the road graphics, fixed the rest of the missing gfx, added collision detection, and added save states to the changela driver. Also fixed the colors.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed all drivers to use the mame_timer_* calls. Deprecated the old double-based timer calls.
- Zsolt Vasvari made changes the last few instances of rand() to mame_rand() and added a #define to prevent it from being used again.
- Dave Dribin made many of the static info_list*() functions in clifront.c public.
- Atari Ace fixed regression crashes in maxaflex.c, megadriv.c, monzagp.c, tetriunk.c, and gticlub.c.
- Wilbert Pol made some more TIA graphics and sound improvements:
- INPT4 and INPT5 are now read when needed instead of by a timed function. This removes the need for the tia_init_pal function.
- Improved handling of the HMOVE functionality
- Added code to reduce the flickering caused by some Atari 2600 games
- Improved the sound poly generation.
- Improved the handling of POLY5_DIV3 sound mode.
- Phil Stroffolino updated the djboy driver:
- support for djboyj; same MCU, but ROM banking bits need to be XOR'd
- fixed state handling for game over/win transitions
- fixes for dipswitches
- added coinage support
- Atari Ace fixed a few places where driver code was not properly hooked up. Most cases were benign, but in a couple of instances, save state support was disconnected, and in one case it fixes a potential crash.
- couriersud improved the frameskip behavior in the Gaelco 3d driver.
- Atari Ace fixed a palette regression in warpwarp/geebee.
- smf added support to chdman to cope with toc files created with cue2toc.
- David Haywood and ElSemi made CPS3 updates:
- Corrected Clock speed, used idle skipping instead of reducing the clock speed.
- Optimized some GFX functions. It now only decodes RAM based tiles when it needs to draw them, not every single time the data changes
- Added support for CD flashing
- Added support for alternate BIOS sets
- Changed code to use a custom render function
- robiza found a number of additional encrypted opcodes for gussun.
- Atari Ace simplified the internal handling of BIOS sets. Instead of there being an extra structure, the BIOS information is now embedded in the ROM definition for each BIOS.
- R. Belmont fixed a crash in evilngt due to missing CD image.
- R. Belmont fixed a crash in cfarm/cclown due to out-of-bounds parameter.
- R. Belmont added stricter checking in cdrom.c to prevent crashes in games when no CD-ROM is present.
- couriersud fixed regressions in dkongjr and pestplce due to incorrect memory map and rendering too many sprites.
- Mike Haaland hooked up P1 joystick inputs for P2 in Upright mode in a number of black & white 8080 games. Removed cocktail settings for games where it is not appropriate. Enabled dual player game in spclaser.
- Oliver Stoneberg made x64 compilation fixes:
- some VS2005 x64 warning fixes
- enables the x64 porting warnings in VS2005
- adds win_create_window_ex_utf8() to get rid of some tstring_from_utf8() usage
- removed win_extract_icon_utf8()
- James Wallace and Atari Ace synchronized MAME and AGEMAME versions of the MPU4 code. Improved Connect4 layout. Simplified much of the code.
- Wilbert Pol improved the 6532riot timer implementation. Implemented irq callback support.
- Wilbert Pol made updates to the minx CPU core:
- Fixed TEST (94,95,96, and 97) instructions.
- Fixed 2 MOV instructions (BE and BF).
- Fixed one AND instruction (DC).
- Wilbert Pol simplified the interrupt handling in the z80gb core.
- couriersud fixed the behavior of the RC filter in ddrible and ironhors.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING