MAME 0.118u2 was released on 15 August 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Atari Ace fixed a recently introduced regression in the nemesis driver.
- smf improved fixes to the chdman CD creating code.
- stephh updated the amspdwy.c driver to fix the DIP Switches for 'amspdwy' which are slightly different than the ones for 'amspdwya' which were correct.
- stephh cleaned up Taito drivers to use common defines for common input ports across drivers.
- Alex Jackson removed redundant hard-coded definitions for Pole Position pedals.
- stephh improved DIP switches for bombjack.
- James Wallace changed the default layouts in BFM games to hide VFD by default since it is not visible.
- Lord Nightmare made further improvements to the TMS5220 emulation and more unification with the TMS5110 core.
- Aaron Giles changed the INI parsing to look for source file INIs in <inipath>/source first. This is to disambiguate INIs where the game name matches the source filename. If the INI file is not found in <inipath>/source, then it is looked for in the <inipath> as before.
- Aaron Giles merged the Raiden memory maps. Cleaned up the COP emulation code in Raiden 2.
- Aaron Giles added new experimental control for overall emulation speed. This lets you specify how fast/slow the gameplay should happen relative to the original. -speed 1.0 means run at normal speed. -speed 2.0 means run at 2x speed. -speed 0.5 means run at half speed. Note that the sound pitch is shifted as a result. If you are running early Namco games that normally run at 60.60Hz, you can run them at -speed 0.99 and it should run at under 60Hz, which should prevent sound stuttering if your monitor is not capable of greater than 60Hz refresh rates. If this turns out to be useful, future versions may support a -speed refresh parameter that automatically tweaks the speed to keep you under your monitor's refresh rate.
- Aaron Giles fixed the disassembly of V30 bit instructions.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING