MAME 0.119u4 was released on 11 October 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- David Haywood moved Hayaoshi Quiz Ouza Ketteisen to its own driver.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli added coin counters to cabal bootleg and hooked up the 2 sample player CPUs in cabal bootleg. It seems there still are some problems, because the coin up music is played during the game.
- David Haywood made more improvements to the Vs. Janshi Brandnew Stars driver.
- ElSemi made more SCSP improvements:
- Fixed endianness issue on 8-bit samples and added interpolation
- Disabled modulation attempt (should fix the crash problems)
- Tweeked pitch calculation
- ElSemi added the repeat count register (reg 0x34) access and immediate value load to the MB86233 core (needed by Pilot kids).
- Luca Elia cleaned up the inputs, and fixed flipscreen in dynax.c.
- couriersud fixed several issues in seibuspi.c:
- added sound to rdft2us
- added coin-handling to single board games
- fix interrupt handling
- for rfjetus, adds a hack to enable Test-Switch to enter testmode if no nvram exists
- couriersud fixed several issues in the i386 core:
- the INTR-line for i386 is a "level" line; changed interrupt handling to trigger on asserted line
- in 32bit mode, determine trap/interrupt from gate-header
- interrupt line is read during two bus cycles. Adjust CYCLES accordingly.
- sonikos added coin DIP switches and "teleport hole" DIP switch to crushs.
- Wilbert Pol fixed bugs in the z80gb cpu core:
- Fixed cycle count for taking an interrupt
- Fixed cycle count for BIT X,(HL) instructions
- Fixed flags in RRCA instruction
- Fixed DAA instruction
- Fixed flags in ADD SP,n8 instruction
- Fixed flags in LD HL,SP+n8 instruction
- Oliver Stoneberg fixed the linking issues when specifying MSVC_BUILD=1 and DEBUG=1.
- Bill Blake fixed a compile error on architectures where "char" is unsigned (notably some PowerPC configurations).
- couriersud added two more filters to the headon crash sound. Now, only the envelopes for the crash sound filters are missing.
- wolf676 fixed inputs in Loverboy:
- added and verified all DSW
- added and verified Button1 for both players
- Andi fixed several out-of-bounds array accesses in the code.
- Aaron Giles fixed a 64-bit DRC bug that broke kinst in the previous release.
- Aaron Giles added code to detect potential hotspots in the 64-bit DRC. Added hotspots to all the seattle.c games and several of the vegas.c games.
- Aaron Giles simplified the osd_work implementation. Removed the concept of shared work items. Added new function osd_work_item_queue_multiple() which allows efficient queueing of large numbers of work items. Changed previous osd_work_item_queue() function into an inline that calls the new function.
- Aaron Giles updated the Voodoo code to use the new work functions. It now queues small scanline chunks as independent items rather than using shared items. Updated code to also copy some parameters to allow for greater overlapping of emulation and rendering.
- Aaron Giles added a new scalable lock implementation for Windows work functions, that hopefully has better performance characteristics when scaling above 2 CPUs.
- Aaron Giles added statistics gathering code for Windows work functions. This is on by default for the moment to help point to problems that might be encountered with this version.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING