MAME 0.121u3 was released on 6 December 2007.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- BUT fixed a buffer overflow in K054539.
- kingshriek made SCSP improvements:
- Added logarithmic envelope table
- Set envelope level to start at 0x17f in the ATTACK state (0x3ff-0x280) as per Neill's notes
- Changed EG_SHIFT from 8 to 16 - more precision is needed to differentiate the longer decay envelope times
- In the DECAY1-->DECAY2 transition, changed the "<=" to "<"
- Decreased the output of the effect out mixer a bit
- Fixed unaligned 16-bit samples
- Prevented keyoffs from killing slots when already in the release state
- Envelope steps in the attack state are apparently exponential. To account for this, I change the envelope output to linear for attacks.
- Change the release rate calculation to use the decay table instead of the attack one.
- Wilbert Pol fixed a uninitialized variable in h6280 core.
- James Wallace added meter support to the Cobra games. Cleaned up some of the steppers code.
- Atari Ace const-ified a number of data structures in the MAME system.
- Ville Linde added PowerPC 604 processor support. Moved PowerPC opcode tables to the CPU context to allow multiple simultaneous processors with different opcode tables.
- couriersud updated the dkong driver:
- Added configuration switch to change palette between TKG02 (radarscp conversion) and TKG04 (dkong 2board)
- Added speech support (samples) to radarsc1
- Fixed sound for drakton and strtheat
- Hooked up and written 8257 dma controller
- All dkong and dkongjr based games now use the 8257
- All epos and 2650 based games now use the 8257
- Fixed 2650 games to use dkong audio as well - only cpu replaced by addon board ...
- Updated game flags and added missing rom entries
- straightened memory maps
- Fixed bug in dkong3b memory map
- Externalized sound drivers to MACHINE_START in audio/dkong.c
- DAC Filter now uses lowpass sallen key filter
- Reorganized INPUT_PORTS
- Added Dip-Switch locations to 8ballact
- Fixed 8ballact according to conversion manual
- Reorganized code
- couriersud corrected a potential issue if more than one 8039/8035 is used by a driver. Also should fix a potential inconsistency between saving and loading a state.
- Aaron Giles added an assert to ensure that the sound clear latch value is only set at init time, since its value is not saved.
- Aaron Giles modified src2html to sort by filename rather than assuming that the osd file finding routines would do so.
- Aaron Giles fixed a memory system regression caused by recent optimization. Fixed another bug uncovered as a result in the decrypted opcode management.
- Aaron Giles made more Zeus improvements. Converted over to 64-bit data and simplified the logic to work more like the hardware.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING