MAME 0.122u3 was released on 3 January 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Guru and Aaron Giles added new file xtal.h, documenting all known arcade PCB clock cystals. Drivers should be updated to use these as a basis for their clocks, and the list should be augmented as additional crystals are found.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli made suprloco improvements:
- Fixed IC.34 memory test
- Fixed 2nd player cocktail mode
- Changed coin3 to service1
- Brian Troha cleaned up inputs/DIP switches in cninja driver.
- couriersud rewrote mario.c:
- rewrote driver, separate MACHINE_DRIVER(mario_audio)
- palette from schematics
- video timing from schematics
- driver configuration switch Nintendo/Std Monitor
- got rid of COLORTABLE
- Aaron Giles added memory_get_bank() function. Fixed logging in memory.c to to use %p for pointer values.
- R. Belmont implemented a few SysCtrl, Maple, and PVR/HOLLY bits for Naomi. The BIOS gets slightly further but is nowhere near starting up.
- Aaron Giles contributed Zeus updates:
- Better documented various bit latches.
- Hooked up crusnexo lamp board (added layout).
- Fixed year in MK4 startup test.
- Aaron Giles and Oliver Stoneberg removed ui_popup(). Drivers should always be using popmessage() instead (has been this way for a while). Augmented popmessage() so that you can pass NULL to immediately dismiss any messages.
- Oliver Stoneberg added ATTR_PRINTF to a number of functions that have printf semantics.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the sbrkout driver based on schematics:
- XTAL-based timing
- Correct video timing
- Full memory map
- Correct memory usage ("zero page" RAM is shared with videoram)
- Removed all input hacks
- Fixed interrupt generation
- Connected coin counters
- Added save state support
- Oliver Stoneberg and Aaron Giles fixed several UNICODE=1 issues in the debugger. Changed the Windows build process to always enable UNICODE=1 for 64-bit builds.
New clones added