MAME 0.123u1 was released on 13 February 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- couriersud updated audio/dkong.c:
- fix dkong audio over-modulation issue with DAC sound
- surround the fix with a DK_REVIEW define for later review.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed the use of machine->remapped_colortable to machine->pens where the drivers weren't using color tables.
- Corrado Tomaselli corrected the clocks on the following pcbs: Formation Z, MagMax, SlapFight and Tiger Heli. Changed Oki m6295 pin 7 to "high" on Toki and Blood Bros.
- Atari Ace improved build independence for CPU/sound cores. Rescued the M65CE02 core from bitrot hell, and fixed some MESS cores that were broken by the deprecat.h changes.
- Luca Elia moved Galaxy Games emulation to tmaster.c.
- couriersud and Aaron Giles contributed makefile/build updates:
- moved verinfo.c to src/build
- moved rules for verinfo to src/build/build.mak
- removed osdcore.h from file2str.c, verinfo.c, png2bdc.c
- Zsolt Vasvari removed color tables from gsword, hyperspt, jailbrek, magmax, konamigx, markham, megazone, pandoras, rocnrope, strnskil, trackfld, tp84, shaolins, scotrsht, pingpong, skykid, wiping, punchout, ikki, rallyx, fastfred, fcombat, finalizr, flower, funworld, galivan, gdrawpkr, goldstar, hanaawas, higemaru, ironhors, jackal, kchamp. Added resnet.c color computations where appropriate.
- Zsolt Vasvari further altered the Exidy 440 code in preparation for moving to proper sound chip emulation.
- Zsolt Vasvari unified transparency handling between scotrsht, shaolins, tp84.
- Aaron Giles split timer_adjust() into timer_adjust_oneshot() and timer_adjust_periodic(). Updated all call sites.
- stephh fixed some arkanoid clones INPUT_PORTS definitions that were curiously using PORT_START_TAG("DSW") instead of PORT_MODIFY("DSW").
- stephh fixed DIP switches and inputs for all games in cvs.c.
- Zsolt Vasvari added more accurate emulation of the priority system and the beam logic in stactics. Removed color table. Centered crosshair. Used proper game orientation. Unified memory maps. Switched game to use the artwork system. Set GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS until artwork is created.
- Mirko Buffoni added sound support to Champion Skill. Removed GAME_NO_SOUND flags. Increased interrupts per frame, music was too slow. Minor comments adjustment.
- stephh used PORT_SERVICE and PORT_SERVICE_NO_TOGGLE macros when it was possible.
- stephh changed the GAME definitions in the CPS2 driver to reflect how many players and how many buttons there are for each game. Rewrote the INPUT_PORTS definitions to use PORT_INCLUDE, PORT_MODIFY and PORT_CUSTOM macros. Added a few notes about the inputs when I thought they were needed to avoid wrong bug reports. Started to clean the driver.
- Brian Troha added PCB and/or chip docs updates for Blaze On (kaneko16.c), Sand Scorpion (sandscrp.c), Flash Point (segas16b.c).
- Nicola Salmoria fixed kangaroo colors by assuming an inversion not present in the schematics.
- Nathan Woods added the ability to pass absolute paths to mame_schedule_save() and mame_schedule_load().
- Samuele Zannoli made Naomi/DC updates:
- Add SH4 I/O ports
- Connected the 93C46 of the naomi and the x76f100 of the rom board and filled them with dummy data to satisfy the BIOS
- Implemented some of the JVS transfers that will be needed to use the controls
- Implemented ROM board DMA
- Set proper NAOMI RAM sizes (32 MB main, 8 MB for AICA)
- Improved PVR-TA graphics emulation
- Anonymous contributed ARM7 updates:
- correct mode at reset (it's always 0b1....)
- HandlePSRTransfer: remove wrong code, correct detection of privileged mode
- correct carry output for ROR
- Thumb ASR Rd,Rs: correct carry computation
- Thumb ldmia/stmia: correct value for writeback when the writeback reg is in the list
- ARM ldm/stm ignore lower bits of the address
- most of the exceptions force the I bit
- ignore some flag bits in the CPSR
- Roberto Fresca made some improvements to the Funworld driver and new games added.
- Switched to XTAL def.
- Fixed Magic Card II graphics issues.
- Fixed Magic Card II inputs.
- Fixed screen and visible area to snooker10.
- Renamed set monglfir to mongolnw.
- Renamed sets description based on languages instead of countries.
- Fixed some years and manufacturers.
- Updated technical notes.
- Cleaned up the driver.
- Zsolt Vasvari did some cleanup of the 'special case' mess that the rallyx driver has become.
- Zsolt Vasvari made MC6845 updates:
- changed the 6845 to be handle based -- adjusted all drivers
- renamed crtc6845 to mc6845
- allow reading registers 12 and 13
- reading write-only registers return 0
- updated comments in header
- Zsolt Vasvari changed qix.c to RGB32 mode and made its videoram_w do the partial updating instead of a per scanline timer.
- stephh fixed 'mario' and 'masao' memory maps to match the Dip Switches port name.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed pooyan transparency. Updated to use resnet code.
- smf changed the ZN2 clock speed to 100MHz to match board notes.
- RansAckeR added DIP locations for sitv, sicv, invadpt2, lrescue, invasion. Fixed coin2 for superinv & invasion.
- Atari Ace added initialization to machine/nmk112.c. This resolves a multi-session audio problem reported for donpachi. Also added some variable initialization to machine/n64.c to fix running starsldr multi-session.
- Mike Ellery added diplocations to policetr and marked some as unused based on manual and schematics.
- Atari Ace fixed fatal error in the maxaflex, mf_bdash and mf_achas drivers.
- robiza added several more risky challenge opcodes. You can now see "gameplay".
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING