MAME 0.123u6 was released on 19 March 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Zsolt Vasvari added a new device type for timers. Where applicable, added a parallel set of timer functions that take a device_config instead of an emu_timer. Added MDRV_TIMER_* macros to define the timers in the machine driver. Implemented both periodic and scanline-based timer variants. Modified Space Encounters and Centipede to make use of this feature. Going forward, this is the preferred way of creating periodic timers.
- Roberto Fresca updated Magicfly:
- Completed the component list & PCB layout.
- Added technical references to register $63 (magicfly).
- Switched crystal to new predefined format.
- Roberto Fresca updated Funworld:
- Added proper inputs to jolyc980.
- Added temporary patch to allow bypass the "code" screen in jolyc980.
- Updated technical notes.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed exidy440_sound_command back to "UINT8." Since it's used by both 8-bit and 16-bit systems, the automatic allocation is not worth it if you need an ugly UINT16 ** cast. Removed deprecat.h from some of the exidy files.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed Air Buster bootleg from reseting because of the watchdog.
- Zsolt Vasvari changed the on-screen "Reset by watchdog" message so it only appears in debug builds now.
- Mr. Do added internal artwork for Gorf.
- Nathan Woods added a crosshair_set_screen() to allow drivers to control which screen(s) on which crosshairs are displayed.
- Aaron Giles made it a fatalerror to registr save state callbacks at the wrong time if the current driver claims to support save states.
- Aaron Giles fixed chicken and egg problem with device_start callbacks:
- Added DEVINFO_INT_TOKEN_BYTES, which is queried before device startup. It should return the size of the structure that will be hung off of device->token. It must not return 0.
- Changed the core device interface to allocate and zero a block of memory the size of DEVINFO_INT_TOKEN_BYTES before calling device_start. The pointer to this memory is already attached to device->token at the time device_start is called.
- The primary motivation for this is to allow the device_start function to make internal calls and pass the device_config * around as if the object were fully constructed. Since the token is used to indicate whether or not a device is live, this makes the device "live" at the time device_start is called rather than after it completes.
- Aaron Giles moved per-screen initialization into DEVICE_START and per-screen cleanup into DEVICE_STOP in the core video implementation.
- Aaron Giles fixed render_target_get_minimum_size() to return nominal values if no screens are found.
- Nicola Salmoria contributed a major update for Alpha Denshi:
- Fixed Alpha 8201/830x MCU simulation.
- all hacks from the equites driver removed
- fixed equites restart position after going underground
- fixed hvolume, splndrbt 2 players
- removed hacks from exctsccr2
- fixed CPU gameplay in shougi
- added dump of Alpha 8201 MCU to games that use it (the ROM isn't used yet, HMCS44 CPU core needs to be written first)
- major cleanup of the mess in equites.c:
- many thanks to Corrado Tomaselli for precious hardware info.
- implemented bg perspective scrolling using PROMs
- fixed sprite flip & disable
- fixed bg color
- converted bg to tilemaps
- fixed fg banking
- fixed screen flip
- removed meaningless banking of player inputs
- added UI adjuster for MSM5232 frequency
- MSM5232 volume control
- fixed MSM5232 noise LFSR formula (done by Jarek Burczynski; thanks to Corrado Tomaselli for samples)
- changed MSM5232 emulator to output channels separately
- added output of SOLO channels to MSM5232 emulator.
- fixed champbas inputs
- merged talbot with champbas, some driver clenaup
- fixed shougi inputs
- switched exctsccb to use the correct gfx ROMs (matches screenshot found in 01058 exctsccb: Exciting soccer bootleg should be placed in champbas.c.)
- fixed sprite bpp in exctscrr, removed the horrible hacks that were used to fix colors and transparency.
- fixed sound clipping in exctsccr
- added percussions to the equites.c games using samples; sound board emulation is still not complete. Cymbal hit and hi-hat are missing; bassline is incorrect, and DAC output should be filtered
- Zsolt Vasvari removed unneeded pen lookups in drawgfx. Did some code formatting clean-up.
- Aaron Giles fixed chdman -extract to a physical drive on Windows.
- Aaron Giles added return value to video_screen_update_partial() indicating whether or not the VIDEO_UPDATE was called as a result.
- RansAckeR made DIP switch improvements:
- 1945kiii.c, 88games.c and 40love.c: Made use of PORT_DIPUNKNOWN_DIPLOC
- 40love.c: Made use of PORT_INCLUDE
- 8080bw.c: Added more dip locations; Made use of PORT_INCLUDE
- wilytowr.c: Added dip locations for atomboy/wilytowr; Fixed coin modes
- battlane.c, battlera.c, battlnts.c, bbusters.c: added dip locations
- battlnts.c: made use of PORT_INCLUDE; fixed unknown dip switch
- bbusters.c: added note regarding correct gun calibration
- bionicc.c: Added dip locations
- bladestl.c: Added dip locations, made use of PORT_INCLUDE
- blockade.c: made use of PORT_INCLUDE
- beezer.c: Added dip locations
- bfm_sc2.c: dip switch improvements, made use of PORT_INCLUDE
- James Wallace conerted the MPU4 driver to use an HD6845, as the Hitachi part was on the PCB, while also using it to generate the VBLANK, rather than hardcoding a value. Added the pulldown resistor to the network, and added all the conditional inputs. Please note that on the later Cabinet Types (Ready Steady Go-1 onwards), the 10p slot is locked out (location of the true register for this is unknown), but the input setting is correct - you have to use Coin 2 or higher to get money in.
- Oliver Stoenberg fixed "garbage" (newlines) in the debugger window when debugging the SH-4 CPU.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added