MAME 0.124u3 was released on 16 April 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- smf contributed PSX core updates:
- removed casts and removed unnecessary decoding from NCLIP.
- added signed values to PAIR & PAIR64.
- renamed PAIR64.lw to PAIR64.q
- tidied up DPCS, improved flag calculation and added support for lm/sf fields.
- added sf/lm support to INTPL, improved flag calculation & calculates correct rgb
- fixed calculation of bit 31 of GTE FLAG register, when writing to it directly.
- added lm mode to OP and fixed the calculation.
- added lm mode to SQR.
- David Haywood made Seibu implementation cleanups:
- added cop/heatbrl ram clear stuff
- tried to make cop a bit more generic, breaks a few things for now, but better than duplicated code all over the place
- added the sound cpu to raiden2, although it doesn't make any sounds
- Wilbert Pol changed the pic8259 implementation into a device.
- Robiza fixed an opcode in quizf1. Fixed encrypted disassembly for bp+ix+offset8 and bp+it+offset8.
- Nicola Salmoria modified bionicc to compute the palette based on the schematics.
- Nicola Salmoria verified several CPS1 graphics ROM mappings against PAL dumps.
- Aaron Giles changed device read/write functions to take a const device_config *. Reverted recent hacks to get around this and removed unnecessary casts.
- Wilbert Pol fixed I8039 DAA instruction when A is > 0xF9.
- smf fixed crosshair update when the game is not polling the coordinates.
- Nicola Salmoria merged CPS1, CPS2 memory maps and some tweaks from schematics, though to get perfect memory maps dumps of the A-board PALs would be needed.
- Aaron Giles added support for using smaller-sized memory handlers directly in memory maps. To do so, you need to use the new AM_READn/AM_WRITEn macros and specify a mask for which bits are connected.
- Aaron Giles removed word-sized handlers from 6821pia.c. Updated drivers that needed them to use these new interfaces instead.
- Aaron Giles updated gaelco3d.c and itech8.c to remove the need for memconv.h by using this new feature.
- Curt Coder added machine parameter and macros for the CDP1802 callback functions. This seems to have fixed the player sprite flashing in Destroyer/Altair/Draco.
- Robiza fixed lookup table for sprites in spikes91.
- David Haywood made some changes to the 'v25' code in toaplan2.c. Batsugun does upload what looks to be the entire program, unencrypted. If enabled it runs to the point of waiting for interrupts, however, for those it looks like it needs a real V25 core with register banks etc.
- Aaron Giles converted the IDE controller to a device. Updated all drivers accordingly.
- Aaron Giles added new functions for dynamically installing device memory read/write handlers.
- Aaron Giles updated install_memory_XXX_handler() functions to take a machine parameter. Updated all drivers accordingly.
- Aaron Giles merged installation of read and write handlers where appropriate.
- Aaron Giles simplified memory.c code for dynamic installation so that a single function handles all the work; a NULL read or write handler indicates not to install anything for reads or writes.
- David Haywood properly marked puzznici as a bootleg and disabled the MCU simulation on it, it has it's own internally.
- Aaron Giles merged memory maps for aquarium, argus, armedf, bagman, battlera drivers.
- Aaron Giles created a new macro: AM_RAM_WRITE(handler) which specifies a memory range to be RAM-like for reads but calls the given handler for writes.
- Aaron Giles replaced AM_READWRITE(SMH_RAM, handler) with AM_RAM_WRITE(handler). Also replaced AM_RAM AM_WRITE(handler) with AM_RAM_WRITE(handler).
- Guru added good denjinmk graphic rom.
- Aaron Giles removed ancient 720 kludge in the T-11 core.
- Aaron Giles added support in the T-11 core for an external vector via irq_callback. Apparently the hardware actually did support this and it is necessary for emulating the BK 0010/11 computer in MESS.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING