MAME 0.127u2 was released on 4 September 2008.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Derrick Renaud optimized DISCRETE_RCDISC_MODULATED. Added X_TALs to circus. Optimized DISCRETE_RCINTEGRATE and DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE. Optimized DISCRETE_555_ASTABLE_CV and DISCRETE_MIXER. Optimized DISCRETE_555_CC. The 555 and mixer changes also speed up just about every current discrete game.
- Brian Troha added updated information about Sorcer Striker and moved Fix Eight bootleg PCB layout down by the roms like the other layouts in the driver.
- Brian Troha added redumped roms for the Bubble Symphony (bootleg with OKI6295) set.
- Derrick Renaud started removing extraneous enable lines from the discrete modules. Most modules are always enabled anyways.
- couriersud changed the MCS-48 core to write p1 and p2 on reset.
- couriersud changed dkong/dkongjr: use MB8884 as sound cpu / verified on schematics.
- couriersud changed mcs48.c: Use banking to handle ea line:
- Adds MCS48_INTERNAL_ROMBANK define to header
- Drivers which need to control the ea line have to initialize banking for internal/external rom
- This is not yet optimal but works as expected with existing drivers and modified mario.c
- couriersud changed MCS-48 EA line handling to use an explicit bank for now.
- Guru added EggVenture readme to lethalj.c.
- couriersud changed sound cpu type in saiyugb1 to I8748.
- couriersud changed dkong.c: S2650 based games consolidated
- consolidated memory maps for S2650 based games
- renamed handlers to s2650_*
- joined protection handlers
- Guru added Cruis'n USA and new Raiden DX/2 readme. Cleaned up some documentation in raiden2.c. Renamed "Raiden DX (set 2)" to "Raiden DX (Tuning license)", and renamed ROMs to match the actual PCB.
- Brian Troha and T.Fujita updated documentation and disk/ROM names in segas24 based on new information.
- Brian Troha removed "game_no_sound" from the 2 Hotrod games (in segas24.c) as all 3 seem to have the same sound capabilities.
- Brian Troha updated toaplan2:
- removed duplicate info
- changed most speeds to "xtal_xxMHz" define
- corrected Battle Battle Bakraid Z80 clock based on readme info
- stephh fixed Dip Switches and Inputs for 'aso', 'alphamis', 'arian' (same as 'alphamis'), 'tnk3', 'tnk3j' (same as 'tnk3') and 'athena'.
- Roberto Fresca improved the galaxi driver...
- Added Magic Joker.
- Fixed the 3rd background offset to Galaxi.
- Remapped inputs to match the standard poker games.
- Andrew Gardner began the "big IO_MAP merge of 2008". A number of drivers have had their I/O space address maps merged.
- Nicola Salmoria changed the default bootleg gwar pcb to be joystick only, and removed code duplication. Fixed jcross cabinet dip switches.
- R. Belmont updaetd the M377xx: 8-bit I/O port reads no longer cause bogus reads of neighboring ports.
- R. Belmont removed unnecessary ARM7 hooks so MRC and MCR disassemble properly.
- Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5100 LPC tables based on mathematical analysis of 1st and 2nd derivatives of the values and comparison to the best quality patent image, which nearly always showed which values were in error. Some off-by-one issues may remain, but it is now nearly perfect. Further perfection will require PROMOUT dumping, which is planned.
- Nicola Salmoria updated the snk driver:
- added another ikari us clone
- renamed ikaria to ikarinc (for Ikari No Continues)
- ikari is the JAMMA board, with conitnues
- ikaria is the non-JAMMA board, with continues
- ikarinc is the non-JAMMA board, without continues
- fixed sound in Jumping Cross
- adjusted some input bits in several games
- merged hal21.c into snk.c
- removed hacks and kludges
- fixed colors (I think--though some sprites do look weird)
- fixed emulation of the "SNK Wave" custom sound used by Marvin's Maze and Vanguard II and made it into a proper sound core
- fixed palette decoding of early SNK games (from marvins to athena + fitegolf). The least significan bits were assigned incorrectly.
- merged marvins.c into snk.c, with all resulting fixes (removed hacks, correct shadows, scroll offsets etc)
- Nicola Salmoria replaced aso ROMs (which were possibly from a bootleg) with split ones that are definitely from an original. Renamed ROMs across sets accordingly.
- smf converted timekeeper to a device, all default contents are loaded from disk. slapshot & opwolf3 read/write memory map have been merged.
- Pierpaolo Prazzoli changed Shadow Force:
- Added irqs ack
- Implemented raster irq
- Fixed coin2 and service input not working during the game
- Added watchdog
- Fixed visible area
- Added video enable and irqs enable flags
- Andreas Naive added decryption of 39in1. Doesn't get far due to very odd RAM check routine.
- Aaron Giles changed all MCS-48 chips to have a 12-bit address space, regardless of internal ROM size.
- stephh fixed Dip Switches and Inputs for 'hal21', 'hal21j' (same as 'hal'), 'fitegolf', 'fitegol2' (same as 'fitegolf') and 'countryc'.
- Aaron Giles changed refreshspeed target to 0.25Hz below rate provided, in order to guarantee that inexact timings do not lead to sound stuttering.
- Andreas Naive added Fist of the North Star and (partial) Demolish Fist sets (Atomiswave) and decryption.
- Brian Troha added PCB info for Hard Yardage & earlier World Class Bowling. Corrected a few rom names.
- Aaron Giles split core laserdisc functionality into separate file ldcore.c. Each player now gets its own source file, along with new hooks which enable more precise control over the behavior. Updated the PR-8210 and LD-V1000 implementations to the new spec. Other players will come online shortly.
- Aaron Giles changed laserdisc scan behavior so that it requires a constant stream of signals to continue scanning. Updated ldplayer accordingly.
- Oliver Stoenberg updated debugger to pass running_machine around where appropriate. Added running_machine to several devices which really should eventually be converted into proper devices.
- Fabio Priuli concluded input port cleanups for drivers W->Z. Changed Primal Rage start buttons into input buttons. Removed unused protection bit in Driver's Edge. Introduced a new PORT_CUSTOM which returns a tagged input that can be used to route bits from one port into another.
- Barry Rodewald added a basic implementation of the "update ended" interrupt flag to the MC146818.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING