Release Date

MAME 0.127u5 was released on 26 September 2008.


The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:

Specific Contributions

The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:

  • Andreas Naive corrected the NeoGeo M1 decryption for all CMC50 sets
  • Andrew Gardner rewrote the Motorola DSP56k disassembler.
    • Removes arbitrary opcode groupings in favor of flat decode model.
    • Fixes a number of small issues with unknown opcodes.
    • Added the final ALU parallel move ops.
    • Fixes branch relative offset decoding.
  • R. Belmont updated NB1/NB2: fix default dips, added diplocations, used latest idioms. IMPORTANT: you must delete all cfg and nv files for these games!
  • smf removed sprite to tile priority in firefox, it doesn't exist.
  • R. Belmont contributed System 23 updates:
    • Fixed text layer to show (colors are wrong)
    • Added very preliminary support for Gorgon h/w
    • Added Rapid River readme
    • Adjusted Gorgon h/w MIPS clock to 133 MHz based on readme
    • Renamed GP500 to 500GP, which is it's correct name
    • Fixed sound CPU shared RAM. Comms not yet correct.
  • ShimaPong fixed the disassembly of BRL in 65816/377xx
  • couriersud fixed Leland ay8910/12 output combining.
  • Wilbert Pol changed rescale_notifier() to always allow rescaling for screenless drivers.
  • Aaron Giles added 22VP931 emulation, which is mostly working. Communication works fine and basic searching/playback/skipping is functional. Still a bit glitchy.
  • Aaron Giles made Firefox improvements:
    • memory map is complete from schematics
    • gutted laserdisc hacks in favor of actual laserdisc implementation
    • fixed all CPU and sound clocks
    • removed need for deprecat.h
  • Aaron Giles added generic timer devices, which simply allocate a timer but don't prime it. This is the preferred method for allocating timers, and may eventually be the only mechanism for doing so in the future.
  • couriersud moved dkong memory_region calls into initialization routines.
  • Aaron Giles fixed -listroms to know about device-specific ROMs.
  • Atari Ace ran another pass to make static functions static, almost entirely affecting code added in the last few months to MAME. The fixes are the usual lot, changing enum definitions so they aren't declared, decorating dead code/declarations with #if...#endif, and of course, adding static where appropriate. In addition, I fixed a bunch of UNUSED_FUNCTON symbols to be spelled correctly (I didn't introduce this).
  • Sonikos made more system1.c input cleanups.
  • Samuele Zannoli updated the Naomi driver:
    • now show the contents of the framebuffer if the 3d accelerator is not used so that now the atomiswave logo and messages are shown (if you wait enough).
    • removed a maple bug (no more strange messages in cvs2gd).
    • improveed documentation of the communication registers with the dimm board
    • if DEBUG_VERTICES is defined as 1 the vertices sent to the tile accelerator are collected and then drawn connected by a segment to give a wireframe-like view of the scene.
  • Christophe Jaillet made a minor optimization to fillbitmap when non-zero fills are done.
  • Christophe Jaillet moved memory_region() call (which is slow) out of core sprite loop in the neogeo renderer, giving a dramatic speed boost.

Game Support

New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status

New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING