MAME 0.130u3 was released on 9 April 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Derrick Renaud provided a crosshair update:
- Added Crosshair Options menu:
- Ability to individually enable/disable crosshairs.
- Ability for them to automatically disappear after a set amount of time (this is now the default).
- Ability to select crosshair graphic.
- All settings are saved in the cfg file.
- Removed F1 toggle for crosshairs.
- Added new command option –crsshairpath.
- Store all selectable graphics here.
- See config.txt for further info.
- Aaron Giles merged memory maps, renamed sets in the following drivers: vendetta, videopkr, wrally, vball, unico, tsamuri, triplhnt, toypop, tnzs, topshoot, topspeed, tecmo, tecmo16, tecmosys, terracre, thoop2, tunderx, tiamc1, timelimt, taito_z.
- ElSemi and Angelo Salese added direct mode JVS command, used by the i/o for the later Naomi games.
- Hau provided a hyprduel fix.
- Aaron Giles provided trackfld cleanups:
- Derived clocks where possible.
- Complete memory maps from the schematics.
- Hooked up proper sound command latching.
- Reimplemented 6802-based ADPCM samples for the bootlegs.
- Merged memory maps.
- Extended NVRAM to the full RAM range (according to schematics).
- Created common include file and modified drivers to use it instead of explicit externs.
- Aaron Giles removed msb/lsb handlers from taitosnd. Updated all drivers to call the 8-bit versions directly from the address maps.
- Aaron Giles did bulk replace of AM_READ/WRITE(SMH_NOP) -> AM_READ/WRITENOP.
- Olivier Galibert reverted recent TMS32025 timing change which busted Cool Pool sound.
- Uki provided an exctsccr update:
- Verified clock frequency (including 4KHz NMI).
- Position 6A is not populated in JAPAN ver.
- Sound tempo is wrong in all sets (with or without this change).
- Clock for AY-3-8910 is 14.31818M/8 except for main melody.
- Fabio Priuli provided taito_l input updates:
- Added plgirls cheat dip-switch (found by Gatinho).
- Added plgirls2 coin mode B.
- Uki redumped GFX ROM of kakumei2.
- Angel Salese improved the Wave-DMA behaviour in Naomi, added PVR-DMA support.
- kanikani provided a DIPSW update:
- Added DIP location to following drivers: djmain.c, fitfight.c, gaiden.c, hornet.c, namcos1.c, namcos86.c, nwk-tr.c, skykid.c, zr107.c.
- Enabled some DIPSW settings.
- XingXing provided a PGM update:
- Added video ram mirroring (fixes a glitch in kovsh).
- Corrected some set names.
- Fabio Priuli provided neogeo fixes:
- Fixed popbounc controls bug (MT 598).
- Removed use of sprintf.
- Added a note about service menu browsing when mahjong panel is ON.
- Fabio Priuli provided Konami inputs improvements:
- Added source file konamipt.h to unify Konami inputs where possible (e.g. most 80s-90s games were using basically the same coinage settings and joystick inputs).
- While at it, verified all 0x00 coinage effects in drivers which now use konamipt.h (fixing a few mistakes: hexion, mikie, crimfgtj...).
- Added finalizb service coin. Removed roadf coin4 & asterix coin3 (neither used by the games nor present in service mode).
- Fixed gberetb coin inputs (they were switched).
- Added port_condition to hcrash so that brake appears only when present in the chosen cabinet.
- Cleaned up mystwarr.c & moo.c input handlers.
- Verified 0x00 coinage settings in remaining Konami drivers (and two Banpresto ones using same coinage settings).
- David Haywood simulated 'keyoff' in the SPU. The envelopes aren't actually emulated, but the sound is silenced after a key-off (by placing the sound in a 'release' state) This prevents audible sound from looping forever.
- Curt Coder made the IDE features table build only when there is a CHD available.
- Samuele Zannoli added device-based implementations of the eeprom and i2c deevices.
- Fabio Priuli added diplocations to finalizr.c, gradius3.c, pandoras.c, rollerg.c and ultraman.c based on Guru's notes (thanks to AJG, who forwarded them to him).
- Uki dumped 1 BPROM of suchipi.
- Aaron Giles changed Z80 cycle table definitions to be per-device. Removed old set_info constants for the tables; they are now set up via the z80_set_cycle_tables function.
- robiza updated the m90 driver: reduced volume for all games, removed wrong graphics flag and added no cocktail flag for risky challenge.
- robiza reduced volume for bombrman, added wrong graphics flag for quizf1.
- Fabio Priuli removed old hardcoded keyboard handling for Atari 8bit systems and used more reasonable key matrix scan. No regressions expected in MAME (tested maxaflex.c games).
- David Haywood provided many Naomi tweaks and improvements, plus a number of new sets added but with no credit specified.
- Mirko Buffoni corrected names for Champion Italian PK boards (thank f205v for spotting this).
- Aaron Giles provided a Sega System 1/2 rewrite:
- Accurate collision detection in all games.
- Correct full memory maps.
- Hooked up 8255 and Z80 PIO correctly.
- Unified many hacked variants into common hardware models.
- Proper mixing using the mixing PROM.
- Converted to tilemaps.
- Fixed shtngmst sprites.
- Correct Z80 timing.
- Proper sound interrupt signaling and feedback.
- Full description of video hardware.
- Proper input hookup in dakkochn.
- Cleaned up rendering code.
- Fixed cocktail mode in pretty much all games.
- Fixed stuck sprites in some games.
- Partial 8751 simulation for choplift.
- Proper global muting (attract sound off works in older games).
- Yes, the Pitfall 2 title is missing; more work to be done.
- Vas Crabb put tables used for RGB utilities in a single object file rather than compiling them as statics in every object that uses them.
- Peter Ferrie added small workaround to get Thunder Hoop 2 past the "bad coprocessor" screen, but the game still has issues.
- Tafoid fixed incorrect DIP location for dealer in epos.c.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING