MAME 0.130u4 was released on 16 April 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Brian Troha documented the www.segaresurrection.com decrypted Ninja Kids II sound rom so it doesn't show up as newly "found" bootleg version.
- Derrick Renaud converted downtown, gondo, hbarrel, midres, timesold, topgunbl to use IPT_POSITIONAL.
- Derrick Renaud fixed Analog Settings to return to default when IPT_UI_SELECT (enter) pressed. Fixed misplaced brackets, allowing upper/lower case extensions for crosshair graphics and ldplayer chd files.
- Angelo Salese and David Haywood provided Naomi updates:
- Added H-Blank IN interrupt hook-up.
- Generate a few more interrupts (ISP end of render, VIDEO end of render).
- Some minor improvements to the irq system.
- Added a bunch of Maple-DMA fixes, now moeru boots too.
- Fabio Priuli factored out MESS-specific code from machine/atari.c (cart init, loading & unloading).
- kanikani correctly implemented 'trail' function in ninjakd2.
- Fabio Priuli fixed CPU_GET_INFO issues spotted by -validate in MESS debug build.
- Aaron Giles added display of frame number to the beamx/y info in the register view in the debugger.
- robiza provided munch mobile improvements:
- Implemented priorities.
- Removed unnecessary tile index check.
- Angelo Salese provided memory map merging for naughtyb.c, ssrj.c.
- Angelo Salese converted jangou & nightgal drivers to use resistors with the color proms.
- Aaron Giles reverted to older behavior for how modified input port fields are handled. The originally intended behavior is that a new field that intersected a previous field would completely wipe out the original field. Recently a change was made that changed the behavior to only remove a portion of the bits from the original field. This is actually problematic behavior, so the original behavior was restored.
- Derrick Renaud fixed UI when modifying the inc/dec/analog fields of an analog control in sequence.
- Aaron Giles corrected System 1 Z80 clocking:
- Each opcode fetch is 2 cycles with /M1 low, so each byte of opcode fetching causes slightly longer delays than the previous tables.
- Implemented approximate wait state timing for videoram access; further accuracy will rely on getting a dump of the PAL16R4 that controls the horizontal video timing.
- Aaron Giles merged memory maps in taito_l.c, taito_x.c, taito_b.c, taito_f2.c, taito_f3.c, surpratk.c, system16.c, system18.c. Also removed some word handlers in favor of using READ8/WRITE8 directly in address maps. Removed some additional unnecessary handlers in favor of using AM_READ_PORT.
- Nathan Woods changed the PPU2C0x implementation to be a device.
- Derrick Renaud simplified the gun port handling in the Sammy Outdoor Shooting games.
- Aaron Giles provided a small System 1 update:
- Correct video timing.
- Removed "small" video drivers for games that properly mask the scrolling areas.
- Lars Bull provided the correct sound ROM for T-Mek 4.4.
- Fabio Priuli provided a partial fix to bug MT 3070 (harddriv & racedriv do not show anymore P2 inputs for analog controls). Still thinking about steeltal.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING