MAME 0.134u2 was released on 3 October 2009.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- couriersud modified discrete_sound_r to let it inquiry any node:
- The return type is UINT8, consequently the designer needs to ensure that the node delivers adequately scaled data.
- Input nodes allow the input data to be scaled. The return value is the node value *after* scaling.
- Derrick Renaud started making a more accurate simulation of DISCRETE_566 based on testing of a real IC. This made the rest of Sky Raider sounds work.
- Guru completed the dump of the Gun Survivor 2 cart.
- Andrew Gardner hacked in the dsp56156's "Long Interrupts." Added SUB opcode. Polygonet Commanders now goes in-game!
- Harmony fleshed out the SCC68070 definition in m68k core, for CD-i use in MESS.
- R. Belmont added the PMOVE instruction (move to/from PMMU) to the m68k disassembler.
- couriersud optimized the discrete sound system:
- More LS624 optimization, replace pow(10, x) by pow10(x).
- Mixer loop optimizations.
- couriersud improved discrete performance for mario:
- Pow to exp : 5%
- Parallel tasks : 45%
- Minor tweaks.
- R. Belmont updated the M680x0 core.
- Added CPU types 68EC030, 68030, and 68EC040.
- Started 030/040 PMMU, including stubbed PMOVE.
- Aaron Giles fixed up RAM bank names to prevent crashes with memdump. Extended explicit banks to 96.
- MetalliC fixed and improved the multfish.c driver:
- Hooked up inputs for Roll Fruit.
- Added hopper emulation, payout now works.
- Added information on how to initialize Roll Fruit.
- Added in missing rom to a few MultiFish sets.
- Derrick Renaud optimized speed and added new operating modes to DISCRETE_555_MSTABLE.
- Team Japump!!! fixed ROM name of warpwarp. Also removed 4th program ROM which is not present on real board.
- Aaron Giles allowed memory references to explicitly specify logical or physical access by prepending with an 'l' or 'p'. Logical remains the default. Example: ppb@1000 = physical program space byte at address $1000. ldw@2000 = logical data space word at address $2000. Changed cheat finder to explicitly reference physical memory when writing out new cheats.
- Stefano Ronco added simple system for auto-detecting cheat-worthy RAM areas.
- David Haywood added a NULL check to prevent MAME from crashing if a new input device as connected at runtime.
- Atari Ace added more _NAME macros to be consistent with the standard naming conventions.
- David Haywood removed old master system code from megaplay.c, megatech.c, segae.c and updated the drivers to use more recent implementation (from HazeMD).
- couriersud removed capacitor aging code and assumed range input is gnd for all 74LS629.
- couriersud implemented m:n logic for buffered task nodes in discrete sound.
- Preparation work so that a task node output buffer may be read by more than one following task.
- Target: implementation of task groups: tasks in a task group run parallel, task groups serial. The current main task may than just be task (in the last task group).
- Atari Ace added static qualifiers where possible throughout the code.
- couriersud implemented discrete task groups:
- DISCRETE_TASK_START now requires a parameter TASK_GROUP (>=0, <=9).
- Tasks are scheduled in the order of their task group.
- Nodes are automatically buffered between task groups.
- Discrete core determines nodes which need buffering to minimize overhead (information in DISCRETE_LOG).
- A discrete block list now must put each stepped node into a task if it uses tasks.
- Drivers not using tasks will get one task allocated automatically.
- Updated drivers accordingly.
- Some more constification.
- Mamesick centralized color definitions and made some colors more specific.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING