MAME 0.137 was released on 11 March 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Fabio Priuli simplified drawing routines, added support for offset-per-tile, cleaned up the code in snes.c.
- R. Belmont added analog input ports to the H8/3334 core.
- Fabio Priuli fixed remaining issues in hires modes in snes.c.
- Fabio Priuli slightly simplified palette handling in snes.c.
- ANY re-dumped oceanhun CROMs 5-16 as 64Mb.
- Fabio Priuli added very preliminary driver_data class for snes based drivers (it only contains input-related items for the moment, because these are needed to add support for additional controller types in MESS).
- jbo_85 fixed Offset-per-tile graphics in snes.c.
- David Haywood implemented default EEPROMs to the following drivers:
- David Haywood added support for the 'simple' rowscroll mode used by sams64_2.
- R. Belmont and Guru updated namco23.c:
- Updated Guru Readme.
- More IRQ tests pass.
- Gunmen Wars I/O board runs and syncs.
- SH-2 shared RAM added for Gunmen Wars.
- David Haywood implemented default EEPROMs for GTIClub, Hang Pilot, Asterix, X-Men and Polygonet Commanders.
- David Haywood fixed the texture ROM loading/order in Wave Shark. Textures look better now, and the ROM check passes.
- R. Belmont made the namcos23 games pass C422 IRQ test.
- Curt Coder added ARDY/BRDY signal read handlers to Z80 PIO..
- Angelo Salese implemented 'key matrix' inputs in King Derby (1986 version).
- R. Belmont provided namcos23 updates:
- Preliminary SH-2 hookup for GMEN games. SH-2 boots and copies the loader to private RAM then jumps to it. Transfer protocol for main program not yet understood.
- Final Furlong 2 has a GMEN board and camera; update it to use that subdriver.
- Angelo Salese implemented coins to King Derby (1986 version), game can be considered as working right now.
- R. Belmont provided namcos23 updates:
- Hooked up start/coin/buttons for Gorgon.
- Fixed Panic Park crash.
- Enabled I/O board for timecrs2c so it can coin up.
- Belegdol fixed Fortify-reported stack smash in the SDL port.
- Roberto Fresca and Grull Osgo provided a new driver for Five Clown, from IGS. This is a dual 6502 system with CRT controller, AY8910 and OKI M6295. Main program, graphics and sound samples are encrypted.
- Hooked both 6502 CPU's.
- Hooked the M6845 CRT.
- Decrypted main program and bulk GFX.
- Decoded GFX and color PROM.
- Hooked both PIA's 6821.
- Worked inputs from the scratch.
- Hooked DIP Switches banks 2 & 4.
- Hooked proper interrupts for audio CPU.
- Hooked the AY8910 latches...
- Hooked the OKI6295.
- Hooked DIP switches ports $C400 & $CC00.
- Found the sound samples decryption algorithm.
- Added NVRAM support.
- Added a complete PCB layout.
- Added game notes.
- Added technical notes.
- Dirk Best added register access functions to the z80sio core to prevent trampoline functions.
- Robbbert fixed debugger memdump command.
- Angelo Salese decrypted the color prom in King Derby (1986 version).
- Aaron Giles made device->tag and devconfig->tag into private member variables (m_tag). Added inline tag() function to return a const char * version. Updated callers to use this instead of directly accessing tag.cstr()which was awkward.
- Roberto Fresca provided improvements to funworld.c driver:
- Added external default NVRAM support to the following games: bottle10, bottl10b, elephfam, elephfmb, jollycrd, jolyc3x3, jolyccra, jolyccrb, jolycdev, jolycdib, jolycdit, jolyjokr, jolyjokra, jolyjokrb, lluck3x3, lluck4x1, magicrd2, pool10, pool10b, pool10c, pool10d, potgame, royalcrd, royalcdb, sjcd2kx3, tortufam, vegasfst, vegasfte and vegasslw.
- Changed default settings for some games, now that NVRAM is loaded externally.
- Angelo Salese confirmed and hooked up i/o ports in Magical Tonic / Odds, doesn't work due of nested NMI.
- Fabio Priuli refactored joypad inputs in snes.c to be consistent with other input devices (used in MESS).
- Angelo Salese implemented NMI enable flag in Lucky 8 Lines and Magical Odds, fixes logic quirks in the latter.
- Angelo Salese wrote a per-pixel function for the irq system in the ST-V driver, disabled by default.
- stephh updated vimana, vimanan and vimana 1 in toaplan1.c:
- Fixed Dip Switches and Inputs (after verification of the M68000 code).
- Improved MCU emulation to correctly handle coinage based on Dip Switches settings and Territory Jumper.
- Angelo Salese implemented sound NMI enable flag to the Munch Mobile driver.
- R. Belmont made the m680x0 core show FPU registers in the debugger for 030+.
- R. Belmont improves disassembly for various FMOVE forms in the m680x0 core.
- Harmony slightly fixed interrupt handling and added SBIC and MUL opcodes to the Atmel AVR8 core.
- Harmony and Segher added FJMP/JMPF opcode to the SunPlus u'nSP core.
- Harmony performed an initial code cleanup pass on the N64 rendering code to make use of booleans and inline variable instantiation, and removed a number of unused variables that were exposed as a result of the latter.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING