MAME 0.138 was released on 15 May 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Roberto Fresca improved the New Lucky 8 Lines hardware driver:
- Added lamps support to lucky8, lucky8a, lucky8b, ns8liner, ns8linew and kkojnoli.
- Created lamps layout for the above sets.
- New inputs for ns8linew. This set has a second set of inputs, and can be switched between them. No lamps activity or Big/Small buttons are present while this alternative controls are used. Maybe is a leftover.
- Some DIP switches were figured out. Coinage and limits are still a real mystery since all DIP switches are reflected in the test mode.
- Remapped inputs to be straightforward with the control panel.
- Added the type (W-4/F-5) to the sets description.
- General inputs clean-up.
- Fabrizio Vasile updated suna8.c: Updated documentation for Strike Fighter to include the game number, PCB number and epoxy CPU.
- Guru updated the namcops2 driver: add DVD image for taiko10.
- Tafoid added DIP Locations for all games in the jack.c driver. Changed copyright on joinem to match displayed year.
- Lord Nightmare provided more cleanup of the lpc tables. Replaced tms5220C pitch table with the tms5220 one as that one is more likely to be correct.
- Lord Nightmare added 'Unrealistically Perfect Interpolation' debug mode; fixed a potential issue with 16 bit overflow in the lattice filter; made idle state emulation more accurate to real chip; cleaned out variables before VSM speech starts; masked out low 4 bits of 14 bit lattice result before output.
- Lord Nightmare fixed a mistake in the interpolation logic, it should now properly delay interpolation until the final cycle of each frame when INHIBIT is set.
- Lord Nightmare updated the tms5220 core: Removed unnecessary interpolation code; added extra check to make unvoiced mode trigger at the correct sample.
- Lord Nightmare fixed up tms52xx clip/wrap function arrangement to be much more sane, and properly handled range extension.
- Lord Nightmare made tms5220 DEBUG_GENERATION more useful and simplified the code in the process.
- David Haywood implemented default EEPROMs for GTIClub, Hang Pilot, Asterix, X-Men and Polygonet Commanders.
- David Haywood fixed the texture ROM loading/order in Wave Shark. Textures look better now, and the ROM check passes.
- Tafoid provided a fix for Target Hits missing sound.
- hap updated fspiderb: Added projectiles, game is playable now.
- XingXing removed ROM Patch in Killing Blade and replaced with correct IGS025 return sequence fo China region (other sequences still unknown).
- hap updated pengadvb: Improved inputs, the game can now be coined up. It magically has sound too now.
- Couriersud made S2650_SENSE_PORT to be now active when data written is != 0 and inactive when data == 0. It now acts as a line in a mame-sense.
- hap updated btime: Background vertical offset was off by one pixel, burger parts positions are correct now. This also means Peter Pepper awkwardly walks in the air, which is the way it is on the PCB.
- Team Japump fixed ROM names of tp84a (tp84 needs confirmation).
- David Bain updated sprtmtch: Added Intermissions dipswitch.
- Team Japump fixed ROM labels for Pac-Land, Scramble Egg, and Straight Flush.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING