MAME 0.138u4 was released on 22 July 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Razoola fixed xmcotah/xmcotahr1 ROMs.
- smf turned i2cmem into a c++ device & ditched the unused legacy device.
- El Barto renamed feof to image_feof (in device_image_interface) in order to compile on FreeBSD.
- Aaron Giles removed devtag_get_device(); use machine->device() instead.
- Aaron Giles removed the global clock accessors and cpu_* aliases:
- cpu_get_clock == device->unscaled_clock
- cpu_set_clock == device->set_unscaled_clock
- cpu_get_clockscale == device->get_clock_scale
- cpu_set_clockscale == device->set_clock_scale
- Aaron Giles fixed bad loop condition that shows up with -cheat enabled.
- Miodrag Milanovic added ability to support other types of software lists, so floppies, cassettes, cd-roms are now possible to be used.
- wallyweek corrected some spelling errors (Ubuntu/Canonical cares about this).
- wallyweek added *IX man pages for MAME and utils.
- wallyweek cleaned up some files without a newline at the end for GCC.
- gravilidavide and Tafoid added second button (Hyper Jump) to be used after cued via speech to allow jumping to other phases without finishing the current mission. Volume adjusted to better levels (AY was way too low in comparison to speech).
- Brian Troha updated snowbros.c: Added Dipswitch locations to Puzzle King, Hyper Pacman, Cookie & Bibi 2, Cookie & Bibi 3, More More. Filled in dips with Dipswitch locations for Puzzle Break.
- Dr. Decapitator made the decapped MCUs for several sets load (but aren't yet used):
- kyros (alt, original MCU dump?)
- arkanoid (probably the supported MCUs are bootlegs..)
- josvolly (there are other chips still in need of decapping)
- invasnab (not convinced this one is good)
- topbladv (no CPU core for this yet)
- officeye (no CPU core for this yet)
- smf converted at28c16 to a c++ device.
- Brian Troha updated arkanoid.c: Added or corrected the PCB location for the genuine Arkanoid rom sets and documented the MCU Taito ID number.
- Dr. Decapitator replaced the old MCU dump with the decapped version for Kick Start Wheelie King.
- Dr. Decapitator replaced the old MCU dump with the decapped version for Pipeline.
- robiza updated cb2001: new opcodes.
- Tomasz Slanina provided a rewrite of 'Wheels & Fire' driver:
- New rendering code.
- Preliminary zooming (based on lookup table).
- Preliminary communication between main and sound cpu.
- Scanline interrupts and scroll.
- Brian Troha updated segas16b.c: Removed 2 obsolete "USER2 Work space" and changed remaining USER2 to MCU to maintain consistence throughout the driver.
- f205v added information on the Naomi 171-8346C cartridge type.
- Johnboy provided a 'massive' Neo Geo documentation update:
- Added official SNK Playmore title catalogue.
- Identified and tagged all MVS sets which were not officially released for the AES system (according to official SNK Playmore title catalogue and Neo-Geo Masterlist).
- Several sets have been identified (AES / MVS VERSION) and tagged properly.
- Documented MULTI PLAY MODE (unemulated); Missing MCU.
- Updated game PCB information.
- Renamed kof99n to kof99k (KOREAN VERSION).
- Renamed P's in mslug3 to correct chip label, added SMA comment.
- Renamed ROMs in jockeygp according to original cart, added some comments.
- Renamed ROMs in vliner/vlinero according to original cart, added some comments.
- neodrvr.c cleanup.
- Alex Jackson provided various improvements to polepos.c:
- Corrected the way the steering wheel is hooked up, fixing the jittery steering in the sets with MCUs.
- Added a new layout file for the bootleg sets without MCUs (topracern and polepos2bi).
- Converted clock frequencies to crystal values from xtal.c.
- Added correct ROM names for the Namco-manufactured sets (polepos and polepos2).
- Completely removed the unused global variable polepos_gear_bit.
- Fixed a couple of bootleg ROMs that were very likely bit-rotted.
- Atari Ace added some missing makefile dependencies.
- Atari Ace allowed the non-DRC RSP core to build again (controlled by a #define like the SH-2 core).
- Brian Troha updated segas16b.c: Corrected the rom names for the FD1094 317-0120 Golden Axe set and verified the dump as good.
- Sandro Ronco updated lr35902.c: Added the speed register to the register list to allow it to be changed and retrieved again.
- smf converted mb3773 from a legacy device to a c++ device. Tidied up comments in at28c16.
- Brian Troha updated sfbonus.c: Added the Amcoe "Classic Edition Compact Format" PCB layout.
- Quench added TMS32015 and TMS32016 CPU variants to the TMS32010 core. Fixed LST instruction which was sometimes adjusting internal RAM banking incorrectly.
- Dr Decapitator and Quench added Ameri Darts internal DSP dump and TMS32015 support to the Amerdart driver. Also added savestate support to the game.
- angrylion updated the RSP core: Fixed sign issue in VCL opcode.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING