MAME 0.139u1 was released on 11 August 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Brian Troha updated raiden2.c: Added missing "VOICE2" sample rom to Raiden 2 sets where it was missing. Corrected rom names for MASK roms soldered to the PCB.
- Roberto Fresca updated the Southern Systems Joker Poker driver: Added missing CPU IO map to the machine driver. This allow boot the game and enter into the attract mode.
- Roberto Fresca provided Mini Boy 7 improvements:
- Added a new complete set. Now set as parent.
- Corrected Xtal frequency.
- Mapped the PIA MC6821 (not wired since is not totally understood).
- Preliminary attempt to decode the color PROM.
- Mapped the AY-3-8910, but still needs ports and some checks.
- Added debug and technical notes.
- Roberto Fresca provided a new driver for Mega Double Poker, from Blitz System Inc.:
- Initial release.
- Preliminary memory map.
- Hooked both PIAs, but need more analysis to confirm the offsets.
- Accurate graphics and color decode.
- Added main PCB and daughterboard layouts.
- Added partial docs and diagrams about the CPU/MCU/ROMs addressing.
- Added debug and technical notes.
- Roberto Fresca added Magic Train, from Subsino. Since it's driven by a HD647180X0CP6 (Subsino - SS9600) plus SS9601 and SS9602 (for video and I/O respectively), it's possible that needs to be moved to a new driver in a near future. Also added technical notes.
- David Haywood updated mpu4drvr.c: Fixed mid-screen palette updates.
- Brian Troha updated segas16b.c: Documented the Sega game ID for the Heavyweight Champ rom board as well as corrected the rom names.
- Aaron Giles contributed a return to type safety. Changed address maps back into functions that build up the definition, rather than the whole tokenizing system, which lost type checking. Added a new module addrmap.c which implements the address map classes, and changed the macros to call methods on the address_map and address_map_entry classes which are strongly typed. Fixed a few incorrectly specified memory map entries along the way in twincobr.c, lordgun.c, galaxold.c.
- Aaron Giles provided more API cleanup:
- Removed cputag_clocks_to_attotime() and cputag_attotime_to_clocks() in favor of just expanding the class.
- Same for cputag_suspend() and cputag_resume().
- Aaron Giles fixed crash when exiting the debugger if breakpoints are set.
- Andrew Gardner and Stiletto made the dsp561xx CPU core generate accurate disassembly for Konami Polygonet hardware (verified against Motorola's reference disassembler).
- Aaron Giles defined new class driver_data_t, which all driver_data classes must derive from. Updated all class definitions to inherit from the new class, and to call it in the constructor. Also changed the alloc() signature to return a driver_data_t pointer instead of a void *. Renamed and hid machine-driver_data as machine->m_driver_data. Added a new templatized method machine->driver_data<class> which returns a properly downcast'ed version of the driver data. Updated all code which looked like this:
- mydriver_state *state = (mydriver_state *)machine->driver_data;
- to this:
- mydriver_state *state = machine->driver_data<mydriver_state>();
- The new function does a downcast<> which in debug builds dynamically verifies that you're actually casting to the right type.
- Aaron Giles changed atarigen_state to be a base class from which all the related Atari drivers derive their state from.
- Atari Ace removed global variables from gaelco, namco, and nile sound cores.
- Atari Ace converted seta.c, seta2.c, and ssv.c to driver_data.
- Miodrag Milanovic updated SAA5050 to form 12x20 chars as noted in documentation. Updated malzak driver to support SAA5050 changes.
- gtbb08 and R. Belmont updated taitotz: added HDD image for Battle Gear 2 (2.04J).
- Phil Bennett updated namcoic.c: Fixed incorrect road colours in tceptor2, finallap and others.
- Curt Coder fixed Z80 SIO interrupts by clearing them at constructor time so Z80 daisy chain works properly and doesn't stall on a non-existant IEO condition.
- Curt Coder provided Z80 DMA changes:
- Fixed DMA by re-adding a status update call to ENABLE DMA command.
- Allowed illegal mode 0 DMA operation since trs80m2 in MESS is abusing this.
- Fixed ready signal handling by adding a check for ready condition on each byte.
- Andrew Gardner updated the dsp56k core: Hooked up new execution engine.
- Atari Ace updated Polygonet driver to use driver_data class.
- David Haywood provided more refactoring to the Toaplan 2 / GP9001 VDP device.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-1 update:
- Expanded and updated games table in video\cps1.c.
- Confirmed B-Board # for 3wondersu, varth.
- Fixed labels in ghouls, ghoulsu to match real pcbs.
- Removed 14.bin in dynwarj, it was a bad dump.
- Marked nm_23.12b in nemoj BAD_DUMP.
- Removed knightsja set (roms were split & hacked to work on a suicided board).
- Added roms relationship between parent/clones where missing.
- Fixed some incorrect notes added in previous update.
- dynwaru -> dynwara, forgottnua -> forgottnu, forgottnu -> forgottnua, wofhfb -> wofhfh as real name Huo Feng Huang.
- Reordered some sets.
- Minor cleanups.
- Fixed sf2ceua labels and added pcb infos.
- Fixed sf2ceub labels and added pcb infos, removed 1 incorrect rom and replaced with proper redump done by Dumping Union.
- Fixed punisher, punisheru Q-Sound labels and added D-Board PALs.
- AtariAce removed globals from dsp56k cpu core.
- Brian Troha updated cps1.c: Documentation update for some CPS1 sets (B-Board chip information) verified via Team Japump PCB photos.
- Phil Bennett fixed term2 (rev. LA4) freeze during the Cyberdyne stage opening Cinematic.
- Sonikos merged aladbl.c and ssf2md.c to create genesisb.c.
- ranger_lennier updated video/astrocde.c: Limited the number of timers potentially produced by astrocade_trigger_lightpen().
- Brian Troha updated cps1.c: Set correct B-Board mapper for "resale" kits. This fixes missing graphics in Area 88 (Japan Resale).
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING