MAME 0.140u3 was released on 23 December 2010.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Curt Coder adjusted MC6850 receive/transmit timer periods when clocks are changed.
- Corrado Tomaselli provided assorted accuracy updates:
- pacmania roms relabeled with the correct names.
- chaknpop changed clocks to PCB verified levels.
- tankbust changed clocks to PCB verified levels.
- kyros clocks changed to match bootleg PCB.
- mshuttlej (Japan - Set 1) sample rom MY06 should match US set.
- Robbbert fixed debug command symlist (bug #4131).
- Angelo Salese hand tuned Z80 clock divider in Pastel Gal driver, needed to correct galds sound sample pitch.
- Zakk added correct refresh rate for PGM games.
- Angelo Salese added reset line trigger from main to sound CPU in Irem M107 driver, fixing Fire Barrel sound.
- Angelo Salese added a preliminary hook-up for an alternative rowscroll effect in Irem M107 HW, noticeable in Fire Barrel stage 2 and 6 and World PK Soccer goal scrolling.
- Angelo Salese fixed regressed gameplay speed in Dream Soccer '94 (M107 version).
- Angelo Salese and David Haywood added preliminary row select effect in Irem M107, fixes for good the start-up transitioning in Fire Barrel.
- Curt Coder added Synertek SY6845E subtype to mc6845.c.
- Angelo Salese ported row select to every other tilemap in Irem M107 and fixed a bug in it, gives correct stretching gfxs at the end of level 1 and at the start of level 8 in Fire Barrel.
- ShimaPong fixed savestates in forte2.c, pengadvb.c.
- Chris Kennedy updated the SDL port: Clear and flip 3 times on resolution changes instead of twice, required by some OpenGL drivers.
- Atari Ace removed static variables in FM sound cores.
- Corrado Tomaselli documented correct clocks from original PCB (galpani2i) for Gal Panic 2.
- Angelo Salese and David Haywood fixed sprite-sprite priorities and fixed a sprite sticking bug on game over screen in Fire Barrel.
- Tafoid fixed up Maze Invaders inputs, adding notes (Fixed MT#4144). Fixed up Dip Locations to match open/closed states shown in service modes for the centiped.c driver.
- Angelo Salese fixed an un-inited bankswitch problem in the Seibu Audio driver, gives preliminary working sound in Denjin Makai.
- Kevin Eshbach updated missile.c: Corrected Missile Attack ROM locations and added PROMs to Super Missile Attack.
- Kevin Eshbach updated scobra.c: Added Super Cobra and Lost Tomb DIP switch locations.
- Angelo Salese commented out a bogus irq ack in Seibu Audio HW, fixes sound for good in Denjin Makai and removes a cheesy kludge for Denjin Makai and SD Gundam Psycho Salamander no Kyoui.
- R. Belmont updated the H8 core: implement ldc #imm, ccr and rotr.w Rx for csplayh5.
- Pugsy added a 'changed by' search to the cheat engine.
- O. Galibert updated raiden2: Advance the cop code a little.
- Guru added key dump for scptour.
- Robbbert updated the i8085 cpu core: Fixed loading of reg A from debugger 'do' command.
- Aaron Giles added DEVICE_SELF_OWNER which allows an address map to refer to the owner of its owning device. Useful for CPU address map handlers for CPU's that are part of a device.
- Angelo Salese added sound comms in Raiden 2, giving working sound to it.
- Curt Coder added receive byte function to MC6850 ACIA for MESS generic terminal emulation.
- Kevin Eshbach updated the PALs that need to be dumped for Puyo Puyo and Bloxeed.
- Kevin Eshbach updated vsnes.c: Corrected the Vs. Super Mario Bros (Alt) set name and added the Vs. Castlevania ROM location.
- Curt Coder provided Z80DART changes:
- Fixed asynchronous transmit mode.
- Fixed channel A interrupt vector.
- Improved logging.
- MetalliC provided a multfish.c update:
- Full save-states support.
- Changed to use timekeeper-device instead of mvram + custom code.
- Now use timekeeper as Z80 banked RAM (verified with hardware, now full game stats saved on power on/off as on real machine).
- Graphics roms naming scheme changed as on Irgrosoft's hash-lists.
- Roll Fruit's always-locked-coinlock bug fixed.
- Few old missing roms found and added: Fruit Cocktail 030623 fcockt_3, Lucky Haunter 030804 lhaunt_2, Resident 040415 resdnt.
- All known hashes added (entertainment, lottery, etc).
- Misc cleanup.
- Angelo Salese added a preliminary DMA to the Legionnaire driver, fixes some color issues in Legionnaire and Denjin Makai.
- Angelo Salese fixed BK3 bitplane order in Legionnaire, fixes the map screen colors in it.
- The Dumping Union and Cah4e3 provided Naomi updates:
- Added Rev. C Naomi 2 Export BIOS.
- Fixed some rom filenames that didn't fit MAME standard.
- Guru corrected game clock for dai3wksi as verified on PCB.
- Angelo Salese added DMA mode 0x0e in seicop.c, used by Seibu Cup Soccer, Godzilla and SD Gundam.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING