MAME 0.142u6 was released on 19 Juny 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Ryan Holtz, Bat Country Entertainment and austere provided HLSL updates:
- Reworked default shadow mask settings, eliminating rainbow banding and matching reference shots more closely.
- Moved color power to occur after shadow mask, as it is intended to simulate nonlinear phosphor response.
- Added a variable-width notch filter to the Y channel in NTSC post-processing, eliminating luma banding on e.g. CoCo 2 and Apple II.
- Carl updated the i286 core: Fix for Phar Lap and Borland 16-bit DPMI servers.
- Carl updated the i286 core: fixes the DOS/16M dos extender that comes with Lotus 123r3.
- Michael Zapf updated sdlsocket: workaround for a problem in the detection of tcp/ip socket address.
- 30yr updated the goldstar driver: fixed romanization from Korean for Kkot No Li.
- Fabio Priuli updated info.c: added basic display of slot info in –lx.
- O. Galibert updated inptport: Disable the default sequence recognition for now.
- O. Galibert updated the memory system: Stop being stupid and call the extremely well written populate_range_mirrored code through map_range when appropriate, which is most of the time.
- Carl updated the ins8250 core: Fix enabling better mouse support in pc driver.
- Carl updated the i286 core: limit check of SS in push and pop instructions.
- Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5220 core: Force OLDP and OLDE to be updated only on the A subcycle of IP=0 PC=0; this has no effect whatsoever on the output, it is merely to better document how the chip works.
- Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5220 core: Emulate circuit 412 from the patent, which should prevent spurious clicks on interpolation-inhibited frame transitions; This may improve the tie fighter sounds in starwars, and some clicking in eprom/eproma.
- O. Galibert updated naomi/jvs: add coin add/sub commands (sub is used by crazy taxi).
- Mariusz Wojcieszek provided a Warp Speed update:
- Fixed vblank interrupt and removed rom patches.
- Added coin input.
- Added preliminary starfield emulation.
- Ryan Holtz and Bat Country Entertainment provided HLSL updates:
- MAME will now save an HLSL INI file on the first run of a game that doesn't already have an INI file.
- HLSL INI files must have their parameters left in the order in which they are saved out.
- Fixed a diagonal 'crease' visible on the screen in HLSL mode.
- David Haywood provided some improvements to the compressed texture protection for Decathlete.
- Curt Coder refactored the INS8250 interrupt line to use devcb.
- Wilbert Pol updated memory.c: Fixed display of physical addresses in the debug memory viewer.
- Miodrag Milanovic added support for starting softlist item directly without marking image device to be mounted on. If soft item is found it will be loaded on first image device that have needed interface defined.
- Palindrome added SRAM support for dmdtouch and geishanz.
- Heihachi_73 provided various aristmk4.c changes:
- Added button panel artwork and renamed/remapped inputs for all games.
- Changed cgold2's PROM to a more compatible version.
- Heihachi_73 provided various aristmk5.c changes:
- Changed parent/clone relationship for Dolphin Treasure (later version is now parent).
- Added a US clear chip to the set chip ROMs.
- Removed the set chip loading from all games which don't use them.
- Cleaned up ROM name descriptions to match the aristmk4.c format.
- J.Wallace added proper channel 2 support, and logging capabilities to OKIM6376.
- J.Wallace corrected divider behaviour of OKIM6376 - needs ROM analysis to be complete, but all supported programs only use the default mode.
- J.Wallace changed clock frequencies in High Video games to match what should be the correct OKI chip frequencies - those familiar with the boards may wish to confirm this is correct, as he couldn't find the clock signal for the chip on the PCB scans he's seen.
- J.Wallace added MPU4 sampled sound hardware, an MSM6376, PIA and PTM combined to give dynamic pitch shifting for looping ADPCM samples.
- Oliver Stoneberg fixed some potential memory leaks and NULL pointer deferences as well as removing some redundant checks.
- Carl updated the i286 core: Fix bunch of fault restarts.
- Tafoid provided a fix for -listclones displaying parents as clones when it uses a BIOS.
- Barry Rodewald updated the i386 core: Implemented task gates, call gates, and task state segments (both 286 and 386). Also inplmented triple fault CPU resets (used byOS/2).
- Barry Rodewald updated the x87 core: Basic implementation of FSTENV (used by OS/2).
- Phil Bennett provided Midway Zeus improvements:
- Added some alternate FIFO commands used by mk4b.
- Hooked up the short-format draw command (used to draw life bars and shadows in mk4).
- Added support for alternate 4/8 bit texture formats (used by mk4).
- The Dumping Union updated dec8.c: Corrected the rom names for the Ghost Busters sets and added PCB locations.
- J. Wallace fixed NAR timing in OKIM6376 to match datasheet figures.
- J. Wallace fixed behaviour for OKIM6376 samples latched while their respective channel is playing (fixes missing audio in New Magic Card 'Skill Game' when won on first loop), and MPU4 sound test.
- J. Wallace provided an audio interface fix for MPU4.
- J. Wallace provided lamping fixes for MPU4 small extender.
- J. Wallace added support for access of separate LED segments in MPU4. (indexed as 'mpu4ledXXX', where the first display unit takes 0-7, the second 8-15 and so on).
- J. Wallace provided various updates on the AWP drivers for JPM IMPACT and Maygay M1.
- J. Wallace provided various changes for letting Mating Game boot and run, but there are still issues with timing.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING