MAME 0.143u4 was released on 25 August 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Fabio Priuli updated driver.h: fixed handling of compatible systems for MESS.
- Brian Troha updated tbowl.c: Corrected some dipswitches and settings. Added dipswitch locations to the Tecmo Bowl sets.
- Guru added correct sprite rom for "Mahjong Tian Jiang Shen Bing".
- Luca Elia decrypted sprites and palette in "Mahjong Tian Jiang Shen Bing", added inputs, sidestepped protection.
- Angelo Salese updated z80dma: Added an alternative way of register read-back that directly change the read mask without passing from the init read sequence command, also moved around DMA counters incrementing.
- Brian Troha updated tecmo.c: Added proper region to Gemini and Silk Worm sets. Added dipswitch locations to Rygar sets, Gemini, Silk Worm and Back Fire (Tecmo, bootleg).
- Fabio Priuli removed support for PORT_CATEGORY from the core, since PORT_CONDITION is enough to deal with removable controllers in MESS.
- Fabio Priuli updated ioport.c: during emulation, detect keyboard only when enabled.
- Jackc and Johnboy provided various Neo-Geo changes:
- Continued to document used pcb's for cartridges.
- More removal of .bin extension in favour of chiplabel.socketlabel naming convention.
- Cleaned up fightfev: Removed duplicate p2, marked p1 bad dump.
- Cleaned up fatfury2.
- J. Wallace fixed independent channel volumes in Okim6376 sound chip, used by the games from the Road Hog era of MPU4.
- Angelo Salese moved ST-V game-specific overrides from saturn.c/stvinit.c to stv.c, makes games to correctly return stv.c instead of saturn.c if you use -listsource.
- Angelo Salese moved change clock inside a timer and worked on NMI generation for SMPC, fixes most instances of 2 credits at start-up for ST-V games.
- hap improved ymz280b.c: several minor fixes, including the issue that caused glitched sfx in tecmosys.c tkdensho and deroon.
- Angelo Salese fixed mahjong panel input quirks for Virtual Mahjong and My Fair Lady.
- Angelo Salese provided some cheesy hacks to allow Magical Zunou Power to boot.
- Angelo Salese converted VDP2 registers into proper 16-bits parallelism.
- Miodrag Milanovic updated chdman - supported full/relative paths when creating cd rom image, also added support for GDI with files containing space char.
- Miodrag Milanovic added support for loading other image types to cdrom device, with use of chdman part of code.
- O. Galibert updated the floppy emulation: Add generic track data descriptors.
- Angelo Salese added MVOL to the SCSP core, used for sound fade in/out effects.
- Angelo Salese: provided various fixes to the Taito JC system:
- Implemented preliminary object RAM bankswitch, fixes Densha de Go garbage video objects if you coin up during attract mode.
- Improved inputs in Densha de Go, promoted game to working state.
- Fixed analog inputs in Landing Gear.
- Work around for DSP reset line in Dangerous Curves, allows it to reach title screen (no 3d yet due of other problems).
- Implemented 4bpp mode for object RAM, used by Densha de Go 2 credit display.
- Fixed IRQ6 triggering in (it's a signal that's sent from DSP to Main to communicate that job is done).
- Faked the Mascon via an analog port, that fixes a bunch of issues with undefined input state for Densha de Go 1 and 2.
- Fixed ROM loading in Densya de Go 2 Kousoku-hen, fixes booting in it.
- Fixed Densha de Go 2 crash when entering into gameplay, game is now playable.
- Implemented gouraud shaded triangles, fixes Landing Gear messed up 3D.
- Fixed credit display in Densha de Go.
- Preliminary implementation of object RAM screen masking, used to cover left-right sides of the screen.
- Added DSP idle skips, mostly noticeable during POST screens.
- O. Galibert provided odometer and break table conversion for Densha de Go.
- O. Galibert updated the Naomi driver: Split the rom boards into a collection of devices.
- hap updated williams.c: added second sound board to blaster/blaster30.
- hap provided a second williams.c update:
- Fixed screen garbage when frameskipping.
- Fixed blaster background color (eg. screen flashes when hit).
- Angelo Salese added a work-around for TMS32051 crash on Taito JC system soft reset.
- Angelo Salese fixed a debugger crash if you try to view data memory in TMS32051.
- R. Belmont added preliminary support for big-endian SH-3/SH-4 CPUs.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: improved disassembly of CINV and CPUSH.
- Angelo Salese moved 3d drawing functions outside of the screen updating function in Taito Air System driver, this should help in preparation of properly fixing the 3d graphics in it.
- David Haywood provided further major organization, documentation and addition of numerous (over 800) gambling / Fruit machine titles covering multiple systems.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING