MAME 0.143u5 was released on 6 September 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese implemented double buffering and improved colors for 3d in Top Landing.
- ShouTime updated armedf.c: Verified correct sprite roms for Terra Force (Japan).
- David Haywood updated the m68k core: Preliminary support for MC68340 (CPU32). Reorganized to facilitate C++ conversion.
- R. Belmont updated the m68k core: use 68340 instruction table for 68340, cpXXX instructions are 020/030 only, add CINV, CPUSH stubs for 040.
- Lord Nightmare, Hammad and EdCosta added comment about new raiden2 rom combination, add missing pals as undumped, fix IC locations on several sets.
- Ryan Holtz and Bat Country Entertainment provided various HLSL fixes:
- Created two flags, -hlsl_ini_write and -hlsl_ini_read. The former enables custom HLSL INI writing explicitly, the other enables loading of the same.
- Fixed disappearing aperture effect when using custom INI files.
- Fixed diagonal seam on some games, for serious real this time.
- Fixed phosphor simulation, now works as expected.
- Fabio Priuli made audit.c only report samples audit result for sets with required samples.
- O. Galibert updated the floppy device: Refactor slightly. Name, descrition, etc are now an intrinsic property of converters.
- R. Belmont updated the es5503 core: converted to modern device, improved IRQ timing.
- Phil Bennett updated the C352: don't try to play zero-length samples.
- hap and R. Belmont provided M377xx improvements:
- Respect the restored mode bits for PUL.
- Proper cycle counts for PSH/PUL.
- Fixed flags for multiply/division and divide by 0 interrupt.
- Pass program bank to debugger hook so breakpoints work outside of bank 0.
- Fixed interrupt flags for internal peripherals, corrected BBC/BBS when running outside of bank 0.
- Several other interrupt timing and priority fixes.
- R. Belmont updated the whitestar driver: made modern, added sound system. No work on main CPU part yet.
- O. Galibert updated the floppy device: Add brand-new MFI (MESS floppy image) support.
- O. Galibert updated the mfi device: Fix the format thanks to smf's help.
- O. Galibert updated amigafdc: Modernized, but no change (yet).
- O. Galibert updated the floppy device: Changed the internal format to use magnetic cells. Temporarily moved the full-track pll bit extraction in the amiga fdc.
- Brian Troha updated tempest.c: Corrected the rom labels, description and documentation for the revised hardware rev 3 of Tempest. Added dipswitch locations for the Tempest sets.
- R. Belmont updated globalfr.c: filled in a little more of the memory map.
- Johnboy and DsNo did yet more Neo-Geo work on game ROMs structures:
- Continued to document used pcb's for cartridges.
- More removal of .bin extension in favour of chiplabel.socketlabel naming convention.
- Added correct v1 to pulstar.
- Corrected layout of pgoal according to original cart.
- Added redumped c1/c2 and v1 to quizdaisk.
- Samuele Zannoli provided various changes and improvements to the Chihiro emulation:
- Modified the ide device (idectrl.c) so it supports cases where it is not connected to an hard disk, but to some different hardware.
- Addeds PC devices 8259 pic, 8253 pit, ide controller.
- Added "chihiro" command with subcommands "jamdis", "dump_string", "dump_process", "dump_list", "help".
- Updated the smbus controller and adds stubs for the pic16lc, cx25871, eeprom smbus devices.
- Updated the memory map for the newly added devices.
- Fixed the size of the "others" region.
- Added hack for the missing dump of the smbus eeprom.
- iq_132 decoded graphics in gigaman2.
- iq_132 hooked up sound, fixed layer offsets in ppan.
- iq_132 fixed graphics glitches in speedspn on character select screen.
- iq_132 fixed layer enable in cninjabl, giving it working status.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING