MAME 0.143u6 was released on 20 September 2011.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- The Dumping Union replaced M1 rom with proper dump for nprsp (NeopriSP Retro Collection).
- Angelo Salese added preliminary MCU handshake simulation sequence for astyanax, hachoo, jitsupro, plusalph, stdragon and removed ROM patches for those games.
- Angelo Salese removed deprecat.h usage from Jaleco Mega System 1.
- Angelo Salese implemented default INIT register for MC68HC11 CPU core, necessary for Namco's 30 Test HC11 sub-variant to work properly.
- Angelo Salese implemented preliminary Free Running Counter timer for MC68HC11 CPU Core.
- Angelo Salese added ROL EXT, ROL INDX, ROL INDY, STS DIR opcodes to the HC11 CPU Core.
- Johnboy did yet more Neo-Geo work on game ROMs structures:
- Finished to document used pcb's for cartridges.
- Finished removal of .bin extension in favour of chiplabel.socketlabel naming convention.
- R. Belmont updated the Whitestar driver: added main CPU FIRQ, fixed main/DMD CPU comms, DMD VRAM is now populated.
- Lord Nightmare updated raiden 2 driver with guru-style readme for raiden 2 pcb itself, based on the raiden dx guru-readme.
- Andy Geezer updated the model3 driver : added drive board ROMs for Scud Race, Scud Race Plus, Sega Rally 2 and Daytona USA 2.
- Andy Geezer updated the Naomi driver: added drive board ROM for f355.
- R. Belmont updated the Whitestar driver: correct sample loading for games with 4Mbit ROMs.
- Tafoid provided various Nibbler clean-ups:
- Set up Nibbler and clones to allow the Pioneer Balloon sound rom as OPTIONAL as some board configurations has this rom on board. If it is missing from your romset, the game will be allowed to play without the music is desired.
- Nibbler and clones have been reordered and renamed based on version information.
- Added notes to the driver.
- Tafoid provided various wiz.c fixes :
- Fixed cocktail controls for scion and clone.
- Took ROM_LOAD_OPTIONAL out of ROM_START that uses the audiocpu rom from scionc for scion. The original scion audiocpu is not emulated correctly, is a known issue, and was only covered up by the use of this other dump from scionc.
- R. Belmont and Tafoid updated the Whitestar driver: correct sample ROM loading for games with 8Mbit sample ROMs.
- R. Belmont allowed region tags starting with a : to mean "absolute" so devices can access the parent base driver's ROM regions.
- R. Belmont moved DECO BSMT2000 sound board out to a device shared between Whitestar and tattass.
- Curt Coder updated the WD17xx core: Connected Side Select Output for variants that support it.
- Lord Nightmare and trap15 added more minor notes about different raiden 2 set sound roms and suspected (but as of yet unproven) version order.
- Huygens and Lord Nightmare updated sp0256 core to use correctly ordered resroms; update sauro driver to use correctly ordered sp0256-al2 resroms.
- hap provided namcos22.c updates:
- Fixed acedrvrw and victlapw crash from buffer overflow.
- Fixed dirtdash crash due to pointrom size, the game still doesn't work though.
- Improved display fader (used in raveracw).
- Cleaned up inputs and added default nvram where useful.
- Properly emulated step lock motor status for the skiing games.
- David Haywood and James Wallace did further major organization, documentation and reordering of numerous (over 1700) gambling / Fruit machine titles covering multiple systems.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING