MAME 0.144u5 was released on 8 January 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese ported PC CGA device emulation from MESS to MAME, and updated Filetto and Tetris (KR) to use it accordingly.
- Angelo Salese added preliminary superimposing flag for CGA, and implemented for Tetris KR, now it properly mixes between CGA graphics and external Background.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-1 update:
- Corrado Tomaselli dumped and added MB63B.1A PAL to slammast and clones.
- Fixed mbomberj, mbombrd, mbombrdj Q-Sound ROMs labels and locations, added Q-Sound PALs.
- Angelo Salese worked around 0x3d8 VGA reading, and fixed California Chase in using the right VGA card.
- Angelo Salese hooked up a proper VGA card for Psychic Force 2012 (waiting for further info about the VGA card used).
- Angelo Salese fixed Atari logo bad colors at POST in Area 51:Site 4.
- Aaron Giles changed 'screen' parameter in SCREEN_UPDATE and SCREEN_EOF callbacks to a reference. Removed redundant machine parameter from SCREEN_EOF. Removed old vestiges of driver_device video_eof override since it wasn't being used. Updated all multi-screen games to use separate functions for each screen (calling into common code where appropriate).
- Barry Rodewald updated the i8251 core: Implemented transmit and receive data callbacks.
- Tim Schuerewegen updated the arm7 core: return correct MMU ID Code register values for ARM920T/ARM7500.
- Tim Schuerewegen updated s3c24xx: lots of changes for future Happy Fish 302-in-1 and Palm Z22 (mess) drivers.
- R. Belmont updated chdman: fixed -extractcd of images with postgaps. CHDs do not need reconversion, this was an -extractcd problem only.
- Angelo Salese implemented every single documented x87 co-processor opcodes in 386+ CPU cores.
- Aaron Giles converted bitmap_t and rectangle into proper classes. Replaced BITMAP_ADDR* macros with bitmap->pix* functions, and moved bitmap_fill() to bitmap->fill() among other similar changes. Bitmap fields now only available via accessors. Replaced sect_rect with &= and union_rect with |= operators for rectangle classes. Some general cleanup as a result of these changes.
- Angelo Salese implemented generic functions for RDMSR and WRMSR opcodes in Pentium CPU core (i.e. no MSR is actually hooked up so far).
- Angelo Salese hooked up device in Savage Quest, dies at floppy error.
- Angelo Salese hooked up devices for X-Tom 3d, gets to BOOT error if you soft reset once.
- Enik Land and Wilbert Pol updated segae.c: Updated driver to use the implementation from src/emu/video/315_5124.c and modernized driver.
- Aaron Giles bulk converted cliprect * to cliprect & across the system. This makes cliprects mandatory everywhere. In general, cliprects were being correctly passed through the video side of most drivers already, so it is mostly a semantic change. Note that with my previous change, bitmaps have cliprects, so if you just want to clip to the bitmap's boundaries, pass bitmap->cliprect() instead of NULL (which is no longer permitted).
- R. Belmont updated the 68HC05 core: CLR instruction should not affect the carry flag. Verified with Freescale programmer's manual.
- Angelo Salese hooked up basic devices in Queen and Midway Quicksilver HWs.
- italie, Mr. Do and hap updated mcr.c: added twotiger stereo 8-track tape sample playback.
- Aaron Giles did a bulk conversion of bitmap_t * to bitmap_t & . With this change the parameters for the global SCREEN_UPDATE callback match the parameters for the driver_device version. Added allocate() and deallocate() methods to bitmap_t to permit cleaner handling of bitmaps in drivers and modern devices.
- R. Belmont updated the m680x0 core: fix case where the MMU trashed memory.
- Aaron Giles removed machine.generic.tmpbitmap, VIDEO_START(generic_bitmapped), and SCREEN_UPDATE(generic_bitmapped). In their place, each screen_device now maintains a default bitmap which is automatically copied to the screen on each update if no SCREEN_UPDATE function is provided and if no driver_device::video_update override is present. This bitmap can be found by querying the screen's new default_bitmap() method.
- Angelo Salese hooked up devices and flash loading for Funky Ball, game currently dies at a Voodoo color DAC register check.
- Aaron Giles removed old C-based interface to astrings. astring exists only as a class now. Updated all stragglers (mostly tools) to use the class form.
- Curt Coder updated the MCS48 code: fixed I8021/I8022 clock divider.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-3 update:
- Dumped and added Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Euro BIOS, unlocked 2 new sets.
- Reordered all sets per release date.
- Minor fixes.
- hap updated aquarium.c: removed region hack, fixed offtune music, fixed testmode.
- R. Belmont updated chdman: don't be case sensitive on the input type extension.
- kevtris fixed four spc700 opcodes which didn't disassemble correctly.
- Barry Rodewald updated the i386 core: Moved stack changes to be after protection checks in RETF and IRET. Made ARPL protected mode only. Added protection checks when MOVing to a segment register.
- Carl added delayed interrupts in idectrl to enable booting on some older bioses.
- Curt Coder updated scsihd.c: Get sector size from CHD metadata to support old 256 bytes/sector SASI drives, and allow hard disk image subdevices.
- J. Wallace started converting steppers to simulate actual behavior in a more logical way, rather than using hardcoded tables.
- David Haywood provided Rainbow Island driver cleanups + rename to avoid mess conflict
- iq132 improved puzzli2 protection simulation.
- O. Galibert updated uiimage/diimage: Dumbify the menus and add a control layer.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING