MAME 0.145u4 was released on 11 March 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Angelo Salese fixed swapped romsets between doncdoon and kurufev.
- R. Belmont updated the SDL port: support unofficial (not in the OSD class) num_processors API used by chdman. Allows chdman to use multiple cores/processors on non-Windows.
- Guru updated the Naomi driver: corrected PIC number information for starseek.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-1 update:
- Added some notes and done some documentation fixes.
- Expanded and updated games table in video\cps1.c.
- Removed the notes about LW-13.10D ROM in forgottnu and RT_23.13B ROM in wonder3, since current dumps are confirmed as good.
- Fixed qad labels and confirmed pcb infos.
- Fixed ROMs labels, added pcb locations and a better documentation about sub-revisions. Renamed some romsets to use revision codes.
- David Haywood provided a fix for potential driver conflicts with same named machine states between MAME and MESS.
- bdam updated megatech.c: Implemented outputs for the time limit alarm sound and screen flash.
- bdam updated undrfire.c: Implement outputs for undrfire and cbombers. Lamps, gun recoil, and wheel vibration are implemented.
- Tsuyoshi Hasegawa fixed colors in senjyo.c driver (mostly noticeable with senjyo background colors).
- David Haywood updated the 68k core: add 68301/68307 aliases for better documentation.
- Carl updated the ins8250 core: support for the 16550 fifo.
- Guru updated the viper driver: Added main board DS2430 eeprom and code1d dongle eeprom.
- Ville Linde updated the viper driver: Fixed some IDE parameters to allow HDD games to boot again.
- Angelo Salese provided various improvements to Popo Bear, game is somehow playable with various video and sound glitches.
- O. Galibert updatd the namcos23 driver: Enable work queues for a substantial framerate boost on 3D scenes.
- ninjakid added redumped Area 51: Site 4 CHD (a51site4a).
- James Wallace updated bfm_sc1.c:
- First pass of splitting out *all* of Scorpion 1 roms into clones so that proper testing can begin.
- Identified some duplicates and 'premerged' versions of split ROM files. So while there are more 'games', the number of ROMs has actually decreased.
- Wilbert Pol updated m6502.c: Fixed OAL illegal m6502 instruction to pass Acid5200 test.
- Aaron Giles, Lord Nightmare and Olivier Galibert formalized the Votrax SC-01 device. Implemented the full set of digital logic from the patent, including the timing circuit, transition circuit, glottal generator, and noise source. Some unknowns still exist with regards to clocking, due to contradictory statements in the patent, but as it stands now, all parameters are fetched and processed, phonemes are requested, and in theory all that remains is for someone with analog sound experience to simulate the filters on the output. For now, you just get the raw glottal pulse mixed with the noise signal based on the vocal and fricative amplitudes, which is enough to show progress, but hardly a pleasing result just yet.
- Aaron Giles converted gottlieb r1 and r2 sound boards into full-on devices, using the recently-added mixer interface. All sound outputs are redirected to the new sound device itself, and then the consuming driver can route the new sound device's outputs as appropriate. The Votrax chip has been hooked up properly, with a crude guess at the variable clocking. Current Votrax emulation is turned off, but it can be enabled by changing USE_FAKE_VOTRAX to 0 in gottlieb.h.
- Tafoid added Driver display in both the game select UI as well as the gameinfo screens which should prove helpful.
- R. Belmont updated chdman: Correct processing of GDI files, add ability to extractcd to .gdi, verified perfect checksum round-tripping on .GDI files.
- R. Belmont reworked libflac to play nicer with MAME's build system; should fix compile problems on certain configrations based on suggestions by Tsuruchiyo Nitro.
- R. Belmont updated the PowerPC core: properly mirror SO bit from XER into CR0.
- O. Galibert updated ioport: Make the compile time less insane.
- O. Galibert updated ioport: Support obsolete gcc versions.
- Aaron Giles made chdman preserve the flag that indicates whether the metadata is included in the SHA1 when copying CHDs. Made chdman not use a checksum on the AVLD metadata when creating LD CHDs, like it did before. Fixes recompression of laserdisc CHDs.
- Aaron Giles created new devices buffered_spriteram<n>_device, which manage buffered spriteram. Removed core support for legacy buffered spriteram, and updated all drivers to use the new devices instead.
- Aaron Giles removed required/optional_shared_size helpers. Instead the existing required/optional_shared_ptr helpers now have a bytes() method that can be used to query the size of the shared region.
- trap15 updated the ymf271 core: Timer setup fix.
- Carl provided various i386, x87 and PIC fixes.
- Guru updated neodrvr.c: Add program roms to Metal Slug 5 PCB.
- Johnboy: provided a Neo-Geo documentation update:
- Added SNK development boards.
- Updated MVS motherboard list.
- Updated sengoku2, zupapa, mslug, neodrift, ctomaday, pbobbl2n and jockeygp chip info.
- Added correct product ID codes for vliner and jockeygp.
- Updated \hash\neogeo.xml accordingly.
- stephh provided dec8.c improvements:
- lastmisn*, shackled, breywood, gondo, makyosen, garyoret, ghostb*, meikyuh*, csilver*, oscar*, srdarwin*, cobracom* : fixed Dip Switches and Inputs (after verification of the M6809/HD6309 code); coinage for games without real MCU is still a guess though.
- lastmisn*, csilver*, srdarwin* : added coinage simulation based on the Dip Switches.
- garyoret : use fake MCU based on 'gondo' instead of simulating it.
- R. Belmont updated the PowerPC core: Corrected DIVW divide-by-zero crashes, flags, and corner-case results.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING