MAME 0.147u4 was released on 17 December 2012.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Tafoid fixed Lethal Enforcers 2 duplicated input.
- Robbbert fixed loading of gfx roms for sstarcrs.
- Phil Bennett updated i8243.c: Fixed write handler regression following devcb2 conversion.
- Takahiro Nogi corrected DAC frequency in "Hayaoshi Taisen Quiz Hyhoo".
- Team CPS-1: provided a CPS-1 update:
- Bonky0013 and JacKc redumped TN2J_09.12A to match real pcb and added missing documentation to qtono2j.
- Anonymous and R. Belmont provided Firebeat updates:
- Dumped missing audio CD for ppp.
- Dumped missing security dongle for popn5.
- Redumped BAD_DUMP discs for popn7 and verified security dongle against new dump.
- Redumped BAD_DUMP audio disc for ppd; audio now syncs with graphics.
- Redumped BAD_DUMP discs for ppp11.
- Brian Troha updated witch.c: Add PCB layout and dipswitch locations to the Witch sets.
- Wilbert Pol updated the video system to mark the display for screenless systems as changed whenever an output has changed.
- Razoola added Neogeo Universal Bios 3.0.
- O. Galibert updated the es5503 core: Make the number of output channels configurable.
- Phil Bennett added internal boot loader programs to the TMS3203x core and support a switch between microcomputer (bootloader) and microprocessor modes via the TMS3203X_MCBL input.
- Kevin Echbach corrected the rom names and locations of Primal Rage, Jr. Pac-Man and Rampage according to PCB marking. Also included details on the 23 gals which need dumping.
- Guru corrected romname on US BIOS for neogeo.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-1 update:
- Added CCPRG.11D, QAD63B.1A, TN2292.1A PALs.
- Corrado Tomaselli replaced the old PAL S224B.1A with the one coming from the real dump.
- Identified and documented qadj as a genuine Japan Resale Ver. board, qadj -> qadjr.
- Added "Japan Resale Ver." note where needed.
- Updated and realigned games table in video\cps1.c.
- Minor fixes.
- smf changed flash access to use 16 bit handlers.
- Robbbert added 'invaders' sounds to rotaryf.
- R. Belmont provided h8 core updates:
- Preliminary H8S/2655 support.
- Fixed so RTE doesn't allow the PC to go outside the address space.
- Supported additional forms of BTST and BSET.
- Removed incorrect halt on BVC/BVS instructions.
- ReadOnly added some extra dipswitches for sf2amf, added some more (not working) bootlegs and some consistency fixes. Many thanks to Jackc for pointing him to all the necessary documentation.
- smf added PCMCIA flash card layout and renamed dumped roms to match new positions.
- smf updated PCMCIA card layout and added back, based on pictures from Guru.
- R. Belmont updated the h8 core: H8S analog I/O is now routed to the driver like in the original H8s.
- R. Belmont updated the 6850acia: bring IRQ line into standard usage (ASSERT_LINE = IRQ active).
- Takahiro Nogi provided various changes to Nichibutsu Mahjong drivers:
- drivers/nbmj8688.c: Fixed graphics in orangec,orangeci,vipclub sets, removed GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS flag for these.
- drivers/nbmj8891.c: Added Font Select configuration setting for hanamomo.
- machine/nb1413m3.c: Added special case for ORANGECI and removed unnecessary information in the file.
- Team CPS-1 provided a CPS-2 update.
- Bonky0013 added X-Men: Children of the Atom (Euro 950331), now set as new parent.
- Fixed missing ROMs labels in xmcotah.
- xmcotad -> xmcotar1d.
- Lord Nightmare updated xtal.h: fix an error with one of the crystals listed.
- Kevin Eshbach added the ability to view peel18cv8 jed files to the jedutil.
- Tafoid added skeleton driver for Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp (dlair2.c). Added some notes to assist initial development.
- wallyweek update the SDL port: Revise *IX man pages.
- Barry Harris updated sf2mdt : fixed video and sound:
- moved sf2mdt and sf2mdta to fcrash.c (from cps1.c).
- emulated the Z80, YM2151 + 2xMSM5205 sound.
- implemented the correct irq line.
- hooked up the input and dip switch reads.
- hooked up the scroll and layer enable register writes.
- allowed use of separate bootleg sprite ram in the driver.
- Balrog and Lord Nightmare fixed python to use env variable as described in root makefile; fixes builds on windows with spaces in the path.
- Angelo Salese added preliminary support for Test Mode in upd1990a RTC device.
- Barry Harris fixed sf2mdta, improved sf2mdt:
- removed hack for row scroll table address in sf2mdt (bootleg layer render code doesn't use table, and the game isn't writing the address anywhere, hence the presence of the hack).
- aligned scroll 2 layer in sf2mdt.
- boosted interleave when writing sound command to fix the issue of voice's being dropped.
- decoded graphics in sf2mdta correctly.
- hooked up sf2mdta reads and writes the same as sf2mdt with different a layer write layout.
- hooked up sf2mdta work ram.
- Barry Harris updated kodb: added notes; fixed flashing when hit instead of disappearing.
- Christian Grössler updated the Z8001 core: Implement separate program/data address spaces.
- Enik Land updated 315_5124.c: Fixed copy/paste error that caused FluBBa's "Offscreen Y, col" test to fail for the game gear vdp.
- smf added preliminary DCPL GTE opcode.
- Angelo Salese updated the upd7220 core: tied pixel clock with the refresh rate, updated all drivers to use it.
- Roberto Fresca and Smitdogg updated Kuru Kuru Pyon Pyon. Added new documentation about the resonator used for OKI M5205. Also added it through #define.
- Roberto Fresca updated Kuru Kuru Pyon Pyon: Documented the bookkeeping, character names (bets 1-2-3-4-5), and found the port that trigger the M5205 samples.
- Roberto Fresca updated Kuru Kuru Pyon Pyon: Added a complete ASCII PCB layout, and documented the DIP switches settings found on the board.
- tak updated the naomi driver: dumped 317-0379-JPN PIC.
- Barry Harris updated the cps2 driver: Added digital volume control.
- Robbbert fixed or improved cocktail mode / player 2 controls for shuttlei, skylove, rollingc, vortex, invrvnge, schaser, schasercv, polaris, spacecom, darthvdr, invadpt2, lrescue, ballbomb, spacerng.
- David Haywood did further major organization, documentation, reordering and making of clones causing numerous (nearly 2000) new gambling / Fruit machine sets to be created, covering multiple systems.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING