MAME 0.148u3 was released on 9 April 2013.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Andrew Gardner provided QT Debugger fixes:
- New memory windows start focused on the active CPU.
- Opening a utility window, closing it, and stepping no longer re-opens the window.
- Brian Troha updated shangha3.c: Added dipswitch locations to Shanghai III, Hebereke no Ponpoon and Blocken.
- O. Galibert updated the m6502 core: Seriously untested multi-dispatch-table support.
- Phil Bennett updated the coolridr driver: work around miscompile on newer versions of Clang.
- R. Belmont and O. Galibert provided M740 CPU family updates:
- Support for all T=1 instructions.
- Added COM and the accumulator-only versions of INC and DEC.
- Heihachi73 updated aristmk4.c:
- Added Caribbean Gold (working), cleaned up comments and EPROM part numbers for a handful of games. Caribbean Gold needs some trivial input changes, as currently it has a logic door error on boot, however if you hit the coin input the error goes away and allows you to key in to perform a memory reset and finally coin up.
- Also, Caribbean Gold 2 (cgold2) now has passable graphics, by using two of cgold's graphics ROMs (cgold u8 and u9 -> cgold2 u20 and u45) the game is now playable instead of a garbled mess (there are only a few tiles which differ between both games).
- Promoted Caribbean Gold II and Fortune Hunter (and clone) to working - these had been working ever since eforest and arcwins were promoted but the flags were never removed.
- R. Belmont added support for Mitsubishi M50740/50741 MCUs.
- Miodrag Milanovic expanded device_t constructor with parameters for short name and source file location.
- Carl updated the spu device: add cdda interrupts.
- Robbbert updated sf2m3, sf2m8 - fixed remaining gfx issues, marked as WORKING.
- Robbbert improved sf2m1, dinopic, dinopic2, punipic, punipic2, punipic3.
- Brian Troha updated shangha3.c: Corrected clock speed for Shanghai 3 and added misc documentation.
- smf made the GTE treat x & y coordinates as 11 bit signed, Ridge Racer Revolution loading game sets unused bits.
- R. Belmont updated the M740 core: correct disassembly of bbs/bbc on A register.
- digshadow, Sarayan and Lord Nightmare updated tms5220.c: Added correct tms5200 chirp rom derived from decap; This is now correctly used for 5200, 5220 and 5220c, improving the voice quality significantly.
- R. Belmont updated the M740 core: Correct disassembly for seb x,A/clb x,A.
- smf made the GTE treat x & y coordinates as 11 bit signed on dots, lines & rectangles. This fixes sprites in Zaynac X Zaynac (fc version) in MESS.
- Andrew Gardner updated the QT debugger: The memory view chunk size radio now reports proper sizes. Fixed "ignore" command reporting incorrect invalid CPUs. Fixed crazy code responsible for opcodes' crc32s in the comments system.
- Enik Land updated 315_5124.c: Small improvements to the palettes.
- R. Belmont updated the i960 core: Add cvtilr needed by Zero Gunner.
- Lord Nightmare and digshadow updated tms5220.c: Extremely minor fix for Speak External based on the 220c and 5200 decaps, and some small documentation updates.
- Brian Troha updated gaplus.c: Corrected some issues between Galaga 3 & Gaplus sets.
- smf reduced time before dma interrupt is fired, as it stops incorrect textures being displayed in a few games and the pse bios v2.2.
- smf made psxgpu_device::update_screen clear the border area.
- smf fixed GTE A1/A1/A3 flag calculation when the result exceeds the maximum bounds. GPF & DPCT work with all values of sf & lm.
- Guru updated hardware readme in the namcos23 driver.
- Just Desserts and Robert Tuccitto updated drawd3d.c - Fixes performance issues with YIQ enabled and prescale_x/prescale_y changes no longer impacts colors.
- smf fixed GTE GPL & DCPL opcodes by porting over some changes from an old tree.
- Peter Ferrie added default NVRAM to royalcrdp, allowing to boot the game, and promoted to working state.
- Peter Ferrie and Roberto Fresca added default NVRAM to magicrd2b and magicrd2c, allowing to boot both games, and promoted to working state.
- digshadow and Lord Nightmare updated the TMS5100 and 5200 series cores: document the decapping and verification of chirp tables for the tms5100, tms5200, tms5220, and tms5220c. The LPC tables are not verified yet.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
- Virus (Dr. Mario prototype, PlayChoice-10)
- Hit The Six (Project) (set 3)
- (U.S.) Games V18.5
- Magic Johnson's Fast Break (Arcadia, V 2.7)
- Hang-On (older?)
- Daytona USA Special Edition
- Daytona USA (Japan, Turbo hack, set 2)
- Gaplus (GP2)
- Side by Side (Ver 2.7 J)
- Capcom Vs. SNK Millennium Fight 2000 (JPN, USA, EXP, KOR, AUS)
- Raiden Fighters Jet (Single Board, set 1)
- Motocross Go! (MG1 Ver. A)
- The Pit Boss (2214-03, U5-1C)
- Riviera Hi-Score (2131-08, U5-2D)
- Forgotten Worlds (USA, B-Board 88618B-2, Rev. AA)
- Galaga 3 (GP3)
- Motocross Go! (MG1 Ver. A, set 2)
- Karnov (US, rev 6)
- Cycle Warriors (set 1)
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING