MAME 0.149 was released on 11 June 2013.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- smf changed keycus into a device and moved it into it's own file, only 3 parameters are saved instead of 64k. Changed I/O to 16 bits & uses memory maps instead of installing at runtime. Simplified digital player 3 inputs that are hooked up to dac inputs.
- Curt Coder updated diserial: Added methods for clocking the receiver/transmitter outside of the timers.
- smf added DIP switch location to Namco System 11 & 12, also removed unused test dip switches.
- MooglyGuy provided-HLSL changes:
- Upped vertex buffer size to 64k verts, fixes assert in starwars and alphaone, please include the printed error message in any subsequent encounterings of the assert.
- Improved vector rendering (beam width 1.5 suggested).
- Ducked raster bloom default to 0.225 to reduce washout.
- Peter Ferrie updated i386dasm.c: fix improper signed display in some opcode parameters
- smf made the device post load register after the devices are started, in case starting the device causes something (like sound_stream) to register it's own post load.
- qmc2 updated audit.c: Fixed software list chd verification.
- Ricky2001 replaced first rom of Ambush with a fresh dump, marked the old set as likely hacked.
- smf and hap updated zn.c: added YMZ280 sound emulation to hvnsgate.
- Curt Coder updated the m6800 core: Resolved out_sc2_func for M6808/HD6301/HD63701 variants.
- O. Galibert updated ksys573.c: Externalize the digital board.
- smf added a check for a bus error when fetching an instruction, the bus error condition is cleared before the fetch so bus errors in the debugger don't cause an exception to be triggered.
- O. Galibert updated the m6502 core: Redo the prefetch and reset the state on debugger PC change.
- Peter Ferrie updated savquest.c: added HASP emulator; marked BIOS as bad dump because it's incomplete.
- Curt Coder updated the z80dart device: Merged in uPD7201 and modernized the interface.
- Fabio Priuli updated emuopts.c: Added a new option -statename which allows to specify the location of state saving, relative to -state_directory (whose usage remains unchanged). Syntax is basically the same as snapname, allowing for the / character as path separator, %g as the driver name, and %d_[media] as the image name mounted in the "media" device. For example, using -statename foo/%g when running "mame wrally" will store save states into the folder sta/foo/wrally/ ; using -statename %g/%d_cart when running "mess nes -cart smb" will store save states into the folder sta/nes/smb/ ; using -statename %g/%d_cdrm when running "mess pce -cart cdsys -cdrm draculax" will store save states into sta/pce/draculax/ Specifying a media switch which is not available (e.g. %d_cdrm in a c64) or a media switch where no image is mounted (e.g. %d_cdrm in pce while playing a hucard game) will revert the option to its default value %g and save states will be stored in sta/*gamename*/ as in previous versions.
- smf added ds2401 rom loading to digital i/o board, rather than specifying it in each game. Fixes Mambo A Go-Go booting.
- Fabio Priuli updated snes_snd.c: modernized the SNES sound device.
- Osso updated the tms6100 device: modernized theTMS6100 and M58819 devices.
- smf moved default card config, device inputs and clock off the slot interface so they can be specified for all cards.
- smf added support for machine config fragments that are applied when the cart is loaded, converted NCR 53C7xx to devcb2 as an example.
- smf converted NCR5380N to devcb2.
- smf converted NCR5390 to devcb2 & use MCFG_DEVICE_CLOCK to set SCSI chip clock.
- Carl updated pcshare.c: make all the common pc hardware in various pc based drivers inherit from pcat_base_state.
- Andrew Gardner added the Image menu to the QT debugger's main window. This allows the user to mount disk/c images from the UI.
- Fabio Priuli updated uiimage.c: when creating a new file from the File Manager, require the user to enter an extension too.
- Osso modernized the RP5H01 device.
- smf converted the Konami System 573 Security Cassettes to use slots. The current setting is no longer saved, so the default cassette is "game". Some games have additional I/O connected via the security cassette, which is now hooked up when the cassette is loaded instead of patched directly into the memory map. If the game has a separate "install" cassette then you need to select this and hard reset (shift+F3 or select reset from the slot menu) before it will let you install from the CD.
- Osso modernized the MB14241 and MathBox devices.
- Hans Ostermeyer updated inpttype.h: Use O1 instead of O0 on the critical function.
- smf fixed clipping of device address maps if the size of the map caused the end address to wrap. Added a proof of concept implementation of a address map bank device, which allows you to bank memory maps. Hooked it up to Taito GNET as an example.
- smf finished converting Taito GNET to use address maps instead of installing at run time.
- Osso modernized the geebee and warpwarp sound devices.
- smf finished modernizing gp9001.
- smf allowed AM_NOP in device address maps, there may be others that should be allowed.
- smf created a PCCARD slot and Linear Flash Card for System 573. Uses bankdev.c for banking the onboard flash chips and the pccard slots. This adds an extra two calls to the memory system & intelfsh.c already called the memory system for accessing the data.
- smf split rf5c296 and ata flash functionality from taitogn.c into their own devices. The pccard slot has had to revert to use memory handlers instead of device maps for the moment.
- Osso modernized Kaneko Pandora device.
- Osso modernized Taito I/O devices.
- Porchy renamed roms for set gtmrusa to match actual labels.
- smf started to split ide hd from ide controller.
- Carl updated firebeat.c: split midi keyboard to separate device.
- Osso modernized Flower sound device.
- MooglyGuy added better .ini defaults for HLSL, and hooked up bloom sliders.
- Andrew Gardner updated the QT Debugger: WIP for a new breakpoints window.
- Osso modernized nmk112 device.
- O. Galibert updated the naomi video system: Pretend-modernize the powervr2.
- O. Galibert updated the powervr2 device: Some register groups are obviously 32 bits, so make them so.
- O. Galibert updated the Naomi driver: Better IRQ isolation.
- O. Galibert updated naomig1: Make the dma cpu-independent.
- smf did a first pass at tidying up ide interface. It no longer tries to force everything to act as a PC. A copy of the VIA VT83C461 datasheet would be useful to remove some of the hacks added to make the games using it work again.
- Osso modernized adc1038 and adc12138 devices.
- MooglyGuy added USE_SIMD flag to RSP headers and began converting some opcodes to use SSE* intrinsics. Current plan is to target SSSE3-capable hardware (Core2 and up), with the resulting speedup theorized to be on the order of 5-10x when conversion is complete, though this applies only to situations where the emulation is heavily bottlenecked by the RSP.
- trap15 updated nmk16.c: raphero sound improvements.
- MooglyGuy added SIMD code for the rest of the RSP vector load instructions.
- iq_132 improved Dragon World II protection routines.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING