MAME 0.160 was released on 25 March 2015.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Couriersud enabled OpenGL renderer on Windows. By default, run-time function resolution is enabled. To resolve addresses, the code now first tries GetProcAddress followed by wglGetProcAddress.
- Couriersud fixed memory leak warning (autorelease pool) on OSX.
- iq_132 provided improvements to monkelf (bootleg of avspirit), now playable.
- JacKc provided Neo-Geo documentation updates:
- kof96h - Tagged AES version.
- kof98h - Tagged MVS and AES version.
- ncomabth - Tagged MVS and AES version.
- Updated game pcb info.
- Misc Documentation update.
- Couriersud made OpenGL on windows support glsl options. This worked out of the box with wine64 and on virtualbox windows7 (64bit).
- CourierSud fixed mame restart (builtin game selector) in draw13.c.
- Couriersud fixed clipping bug (e.g. apparent in neogeo) for video accel. Minor code changes.
- Couriersud aligned monitor handling between sdl and baseline.
- Alex Jackson updated thunderx.c: convert to bankdev, merge with gbusters.c, add notes and correct various things based on schematics.
- Couriersud fixed fullscreen toggle for the accel driver on OSX.
- system11 used measured clocks from brickzn PCB, fixes music tempo.
- system11 and Luca Elia figured out the additional protection the Brick Zone sets used on the sound sample playback / selection.
- Couriersud did a first step to move osd_printf_* into osd again. Callbacks are now implemented using an interface and use a push/pop approach where the pop can happen out of order of pushes.
- Vas Crabb, Amanda King and Bad A. Billy updated goldstar.c: overhaul of the Golden Star driver with improvements to many games:
- Amanda King fixed GFX decode for pkrmast and crazybon, added PROMs from cmv4 to get usable colours until real dumps are acquired.
- Amanda King and Vas Crabb identified board type for crazybon, connected sound, inputs and DIP switches - now working.
- Vas Crabb split up machine state class into six classes for different board families, reduced redundancy using derived machine configs and input port includes.
- Bad A. Billy identified, documented and verified many inputs and DIP switches, corrected some game descriptions, added notes on PCBs and info from manuals.
- Vas Crabb verified and corrected many DIP switches and inputs, added lamp and coin counter outputs for most games.
- Vas Crabb hooked up AY8910, DIP switches, VBLANK IRQ enable, lamps, coin counters and ticket dispenser on unkch hardware - all four sets are now playable with sound.
- Vas Crabb added internal clickable control panel artwork for almost all games with working lamp outputs.
- Brian Troha updated segas32.c: Correct rom names for Sonic the Hedgehog and document the FD1149 number & board types.
- Mamesick updated megasys1.c: fix status read for second OKI sound chip, fixes a lot of samples in hachoo.
- Silvio Grazini used dumped (from unprotected MCU) MCU rom on mrheli. Japan warning screen is uploaded to tilemap but not shown due to video emulation faults.
- David Haywood hooked up decapped MCU to X Multiply (Japan, M72) after tidying the driver a little.
- Peter Ferrie updated debugwin.c: avoid race condition where debugger window update request is made before debugger is initialised.
- Peter Ferrie updated font_windows.c: don't crash if no memory for bitmap.
- Peter Ferrie updated gradius4: avoid stack overflow when adsp21062 device is reset while inside interrupt handler.
- Peter Ferrie updated queen: intercept OOB access to PIIX4 device.
- Peter Ferrie updated pinball2k: correct notes, install port handlers.
- Peter Ferrie updated the mediagx core: implement missing opcodes.
- iq_132 updated chelnov: simulate some protection instead of patching rom.
- Ted Green updated iteagle: work-in-progress.
- Hooked up PCI devices and bridge correctly using new PCI subsystem.
- Fixed BIOS selection.
- Ted Green updated the vrc4373 device: fix PCI target accesses.
- David Haywood identified that Table Tennis Champions uses the same style DMA/blitter as the recently added Spider, made some improvements, added sound, it isn't driven by PIC, role of PIC still unknown.
- David Haywood added basic hookups of internal peripherals to the V53, made it an actual CPU type derived from the V33. Most of these have come from the PC emulation.
- DMA Controller (subset of uPD71071/uPD71037), clone of 8237A.
- Serial Controller (modified uPD71051), clone of i8251.
- Interrupt Controller (uPD71059 equivalent), clone of PIC8259.
- Timer Unit (identical to uPD71054), clone of pit8253.
- David Haywood hooked up ROM banking to Hyper Neogeo 64 Sound CPU, this, along with the above V53 peripherals improves the code flow on the CPU significantly, although the interrupt hookups, communication, and sound generation are still not yet understood.
- David Haywood improved some textures (billboards) in Xtreme Rally (Hyper Neogeo 64). Some road parts now look worse however, so still needs work, might be mirror flags too.
- Osso added / enabled save state support for the following drivers: argus.c, bbusters.c, cabal.c, capbowl.c, cocoloco.c, deadang.c, fgoal.c, flyball.c, hotblock.c, ironhors.c, jankenmn jchan.c, junofrst.c, mgolf.c, mosaic.c, nova2001.c, psychic5.c, pturn.c, re900.c, realbrk.c, rltennis.c, sandscrp.c, shougi.c, shuuz.c, sidearms.c, speedbal.c, srmp2.c, srumbler.c, ssozumo.c, ssrj.c, sstrangr.c, ssv.c, sub.c, subs.c, suna16.c, supdrapo.c, suprgolf.c, suprloco.c, suprridr.c, tagteam.c, tankbatt.c, tankbust.c, taotaido.c, tbowl.c, tgtpanic.c, timelimt.c, tryout.c, tsamurai.c, tugboat.c, vulgus.c, wc90b.c, xain.c, xtheball.c.
- Luca Bruno updated luaengine: clip screen coordinates to screen size.
- Luca Bruno updated the ui: use per-container pixel aspect (LUA draw_text bugfix).
- Luca Bruno the docs: add initial documentation for luaengine API.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING