MAME 0.174 was released on 25 May 2016.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Vas Crabb updated chdman.cpp: fix for code that expects to be able to dereference a pointer that it knows may be null.
- Brizzo and MetalliC redumped Atomiswave BIOS, confirmed good, added information.
- O. Galibert updated screen.cpp: Add svg shapes pre-computation.
- Carl updated plugins/layout: layout embedded script helper plugin.
- O. Galibert updated the h8 core: Add dtc, dma, watchdog (WIP).
- O. Galibert updated the cybiko driver: Make work a little more, add v1 flash.
- Fabio Priuli updated the a5200 driver: fixed regression when loading headerless carts from fullpath.
- Fabio Priuli updated neogeo.cpp: huge clean up of the cartslot code in order to better exploit slot devices:
- moved cart-specific components to the carts itself removing the fake protection devices from the main system, since they never belonged there.
- removed hacky rom region destruction/construction when a new cart is inserted, replacing it with proper bank pointers to the carts (except for ymsnd and ymsnd.deltat region which will require modernization of the ym devices).
- started re-organization of bootleg boards emulation, so to reduce the need of collapsing everything into a single cart type with multiple protection devices, more work is needed.
- Fabio Priuli updated neopcb.cpp: moved to a separate source file the emulation for JAMMA PCB versions of a few neogeo games, since they don't have a cartslot.
- Fabio Priuli updated neogeo.xml: added information about Japanese titles and release dates to the software list and aligned the list to the driver.
- O.Galibert updated the cybiko driver: Remove the ram mirror, it hides when the code fails.
- O. Galibert updated vector.cpp: Move clipping to avgdvg, the only user. Simplify.
- Fabio Priuli updated nes.cpp: removed configuration settings to enforce sprite limit and to turn off drawing of top/bottom 8 lines: the code to make these work was removed before 0.106 and the option were doing nothing since then.
- Corrado Tomaselli dumped program rom for Gigas (MC-8123, 317-5002) Gigas set, works now.
- AJR made watchdog timer a separate device.
- K1W1 provided a few additions to A800 software lists.
- Fabio Priuli updated the megadrive driver: added custom X24C02 emulation to NBA Jam cart, making finally possible to save records at exit. Hopefully, this will help finding the problem in our core emulation.
- Roberto Fresca updated the Sonik Fighter (encrypted) driver: Decrypted the program, changed the game description adding version, and corrected year.
- Fabio Priuli updated the megatech driver to use fixed slot config.
- system11 updated skns.cpp: add the Korean modbios.
- winteriscoming dumped Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 1/2 card reader-printer firmware.
- Smitdogg dumped Initial D card reader-printer firmware.
- Fabio Priuli updated sv8000.cpp: inputs are more appropriate as IPT_KEYPAD.
- Ryan Holtz updated model1.cpp: Some modernization and cleanup.
- Peter Wilhelmsen discovered that the metlfrzr encryption is the same as cshooter.cpp
- Angelo Salese fleshed out metlfrzr.cpp:
- Added IRQ, ROM banking and base color.
- Fixed decrypted opcodes hookup.
- Preliminary T5182 hookup.
- Added base sprites.
- Fixed sound comms (reversed semaphore access wrt darkmist), coins and sound now fully working.
- DIPs are still not fully functional - but the game operates/plays fine.
- Roberto Fresca provided New Lucky 8 Lines / New Super 8 Lines improvements:
- Proper inputs. DIP switches: Coin A settings, Key In default (W-4 / Witch Bonus).
- Player 2: not supported by game (W-4 / Witch Bonus).
- Created/added new layout for 1 player only (set 3, W-4 / Witch Bonus).
- Fixed parent/clone relationship (all sets).
- Roberto Fresca provided Flaming 7 improvements:
- Added more descriptive notes and boot instructions.
- Documented some wire hacks and the DS2401 sillicon serial number device.
- Name convention. Change the set name according with the two custom graphics sets.
- Added proper machine driver and memory map.
- Added D-Up, Take, Bet, Start, Main Door switch, Logic Door switch, Cash Door switch, Coin A, Coin B, Coin C, Reset, Stats/Setup, and GFX selectable DIP switches.
- Stats/Setup needs PORT_TOGGLE.
- Maximum Bet, Reels Speed, Payout Type, Coin-In Timeout DIP switches.
- Key In input.
- Identified Button Lockout input, all the Holds, Big, Low.
- Identified all the Coin-In and Change lines, WT RXD & COUT RTS lines. Added other active lines.
- Marked as unknown the $d801 port lines. They seem unused.
- Marked as unknown also the $d802 port lines.
- Standardization of all active inputs.
- PORT_DIPLOCATION for the first bank of DIP switches.
- Second DIP switches bank: Coin A coinage, Coin B coinage and Credits per Bill, plus diplocations.
- Third DIP switches bank: Denomination and Progressive Sign, plus diplocations.
- 4th DIP switches bank: Button Lockout and Lockout Polarity, Printer Type, plus diplocations. Added notes about 1 active line.
- Unknown DIP switches and diplocations.
- Couriersud continued work to move object initialization from start to constructor. Removed family_t. All of this can be determined at runtime from object as well. As part of this, the "template" to write devices has changed. Converted a number of devices to use the new template.
- Couriersud made all netlist devices now follow new syntax. Removed dead code. All sub devices are now forced to be initialized in the constructor. Device setup now completely in constructor. Removed start call.
- R. Belmont updated apple2c.cpp:
- Writing to VBLDIS also lowers the VBL IRQ if it's active.
- Support for "Mockingboard4C" add-on by request of French Touch.
- Enik Land changed SMS/GG master clocks to match service manuals.
- Enik Land fixed TH handling and audio control of the SMSJ, based on Charles' findings.
- Michael Zapf updated the ti99 driver: New per-chip system ROMs; fixed gromemu and mbx cartridge types, multi-cart extender now allows cartridge switch without emulator reset.
- system11 and Osso corrected ROM filenames for holeland.zip, enabled SPO256 to resolve missing speech, verified and measures all the clocks - updated comments at the top re: remaining priority issue. Fixed MT Bug #06218.
- R. Belmont updated the unixpc driver: switched to bankdev, started filling out the skeleton.
- Robbbert updated the gamecom driver: all but 2 games are now working.
- Fabio Priuli updated the pockchal driver: renamed the system to "Pocket Challenge W" as documented on Jpn Wikipedia, renamed accordingly the software list.
- Fabio Priuli added software list for Saturn Video CD carts, to preserve dumps made by zyrobs in 2013/2014. The carts cannot currently be used in the driver, but at least dumps won't be lost.
- Heihachi_73 updated aristmk6.cpp: Added proper descriptions to most sets and removed a few duplicated sets.
- TeamEurope updated pockchalw.xml: added more dumps.
- Fabio Priuli updated pockchalw.xml: added proper info and PCB documentation (the latter courtesy of TeamEurope pictures).
- TeamEurope updated gameking.xml: Added six new dumps.
- Fabio Priuli updated spc1500.cpp: added a cassette software list with some images, courtesy of Anna Wu.
- R. Belmont, B2K24 updated the apple2 software list to include 4am clean cracks A-L as of Sep. 2015.
- Fabio Priuli updated gameboy.xml: Finally started documenting Game Boy PCBs, based on no-intro and Tauwasser's pictures.
- Fabio Priuli updated gba.cpp: Added preliminary support for the 3D Matrix Memory Controller used by 64MB video cartridges. Disney Collection 2 works, while other dumps still fail (possibly due to reason unrelated to the mapper emulation...).
- O. Galibert updated emumem.cpp: Get rid of the install_* return value.
- Ville Linde updated the UML recompiler: Added TZCNT instruction (Trailing Zero Count).
- Michael Zapf updated ti99_cart.xml: Updated softlist to per-chip dumps; removed some broken dumps.
- Brandon Munger updated the r9751 driver: Fix race condition in PDC device. Multi disk load now possible.
- Quench updated the DirectInput8 module: Correct joystick polling methods to better support older joysticks which previously only worked with DirectInput7.
New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
New machines marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Notable new WORKING software list additions