MAME 0.187 was released on 28 June 2017.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
New working machines
New working clones
Machines promoted to working
Clones promoted to working
New machines marked as MACHINE_NOT_WORKING
New clones marked as MACHINE_NOT_WORKING
Notable new WORKING software list additions
Notable new NOT WORKING software list additions
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Carl updated plugins/cheat: Add hotkey support, and nes, snes and genesis Game Genie support.
- R. Belmont added initial support for SiS85c496/497 PCI chipset, and added first pass shadow RAM and SM RAM support.
- R. Belmont provided hp9k_3xx updates:
- Preliminary working DIO/DIO-II bus implementation and 98544 video card.
- Hooked up i8042 I/O microcontroller comms to main CPU.
- Support medium-res built-in video on 9000/332.
- smf improved CD audio play track/index command handling.
- smf added unused DIP switches 7 and 8 to Eeekk! since it's a conversion of pacman.
- Angelo Salese updated terracre.cpp: Added actual hookup for protection data and fixed potential buffer overflow.
- Dirk Best updated the apricot driver: Switched to preferred Z80SIO device.
- O. Galibert updated drawgfx: Made the palette optional, and fixed viewgfx for case where palette is absent.
- Ryan Holtz updated bgfx: Fixed xBR-lv2-multipass, xBR-lv2-fast, xBR-lv2-noblend, xBR-lv2, xBR-lv3-noblend, and xBR-lv3 shaders.
- Barry Rodewald added preliminary YM3802 MIDI/cassette controller with MIDI clock timer and click counter.
- Added X68000 expansion device using the YM3802, Mahou Daisakusen (x68k) plays MIDI music.
- Michael Zapf provided ti99 updates:
- Implemented Hexbus and HX5102 floppy early WIP.
- Cleaned up slot devices architecture and renamed constants.
- Added new cartridge type paged7 for TI-CALC.
- Nigel Barnes updated the accomm driver: Fully implemented keyboard, added sound (same as Electron), and added layout with Caps/Shift Lock LEDs.
- Nigel Barnes updated the d64plus driver: Implemented banking of extra 64K, and 6845 with chargen - promoted to working.
- Nigel Barnes updated the dragon32 driver: Added JCB Sound Extension cartridge.
- Nigel Barnes updated the dragon200e driver: Added correct keyboard.
- Frank Palazzolo provided starshp1 updates:
- Fixed graphics/speed issues.
- Made Fast/Slow momentary as on real cabinet, added note about behaviour.
- Updated clocks according to latest information.
- Joakim Larsson Edstrom updated the z80scc device: Added support for resetting RX interrupts/status by reading Rx FIFO through RR3.
- Gets virtpool driver terminal a bit further, but not all the way (no visible difference).
- AJR replaced fake TLCS-90 I/O space with callbacks.
- AJR updated the pangba, pangbb, spangbl drivers: Reduced ADPCM rate to make music speed match original, use callback for audio IRQ.
- AJR updated the tail2nos driver: Added flip screen support, documented non-effect of "Country" switch.
- AJR updated aerofgt.cpp: Video and sound refinements:
- Fixed sound loss in spinlbrk and clones caused by misconfigured ROM bank.
- Work towards flip screen support for most games - aerofgtb is nearly correct now.
- AJR updated dynablst, bbmanw & clones: Use 4-way joysticks (as service manuals suggest).
- AJR updated toaplan2.cpp: Generate (and acknowledge) video interrupts within VDP.
- AJR made TC0040IOC its own device type and separated its functionality from TC0220IOC.
- AJR updated the galastrm, undrfire, cbombers, groundfx, gunbustr, superchs, 2mindril drivers: Use TC0510NIO device for inputs.
- AJR sorted slot options by name in -listslots output.
- AJR made CBM IEC device names more descriptive.
- AJR updated the sidebs driver: Fixed POST failure in debug build.
- AJR updated the taito_en device: Use MB8421 for communication RAM.
- AJR updated the mjkjidai driver: Use 8255 devices for I/O.
- AJR updated subsino.cpp: Use 8255 devices (most of which are only used for input).
- AJR updated the suprloco driver: Replaced soundlatch with 8255 device that runs in mode 2.
- AJR added TE7750 Super I/O Expander device.
- AJR updated m72.cpp, m92.cpp: Put IRQ hacks out of their misery.
- AJR updated the norautp driver: Restored some inputs that were disconnected many releases ago, don't hardcode "Readout" inputs.
- AJR ShouTime and brizzo updated the grdian, getstarj drivers: Replaced MCU simulation with new dump.
- AJR updated the s2650 core: Modernised I/O:
- Replaced fake S2650_SENSE_PORT address with line read callback (set_input_line should also work).
- Moved S2650_CTRL_PORT and S2650_DATA_PORT to I/O address space.
- AJR made MAME not try to read past the end of a memory space in debug view.
- Vas Crabb and AJR added validation for slot cards and fixed some errors exposed by this.
- Vas Crabb fixed Tandy CoCo keyboard mapping (github issue #2386).
- Vas Crabb updated the taitosj driver: Made security MCU hookup a device.
- Ivan Vangelista updated exidy.cpp: Added PROMs to Spectar taken from a bootleg set - believed to match original.
- Ivan Vangelista migrated remaining device machine configuration additions to instance member functions.
- Nathan Woods made RAM device look for [km](i?b)? rather than [km].* suffix.
- Nathan Woods fixed a crash when returning to the front-end after launching a system from favorites.
- Nathan Woods updated the CoCo drivers: Overhauled the cartridge slot subsystem.
- Nathan Woods changed the profiler to use std::ostringstream as the text sink (instead of std::string).
- Nathan Woods changed a few C strings to std::string references in the debugger.
- RobertoFresca updated the Quingo driver: Switched to hot slots machine (more accurate).
- RobertoFresca updated the Big Deal Belgien, Bel Slots Export drivers: Added PCB layouts.
- F.Ulivi and A.Kueckes updated the HP9845 driver: Improved keyboard mapping and added German layout.
- Implemented SHIFT LOCK key, added pop-ups and outputs showing state of toggle keys.
- Lowered volume of beeper (was too loud according to A.Kueckes).
- Tim Lindner added read support for the disk format SDF used in the CoCoSDC.
- Tim Lindner updated the CoCo drivers: Added Speech/Sound Cartridge support.
- Tim Lindner fixed JVC disk format to correctly recognize 2 sided disks.
- Patrick Mackinlay provided Interpro driver updates:
- Added skeleton for srarb.
- Improved mcga/fmcc skeleton and fixed mcga/fmcc detection.
- Expanded cammu skeletons.
- Added support for "new" SCSI.
- Added clock-based ioga interrupts.
- Added forced NMI handling.
- Improved SCSI DMA.
- Removed broken caching.
- Added Clipper CPU ID support.
- Added enum masks and unknown registers, disabled bus errors.
- Made RAM configurable and improved system registers.
- Added initial implementation of unmapped memory handler.
- DMA/IRQ changes, serial DMA registers.
- Added 7-segment diagnostic LED.
- NMI and DMA improvements - NMI boot diagnostics pass.
- Made floppy DMA read and write work.
- Improved logging.
- Tauwasser provided Gameboy updates:
- Cleaned up Gowin information in gameboy.xml, added information from archived web site and catalogue.
- Replaced GoodGBX MBC1 Collection check code with direct comparison of internal ROM name.
- Removed buffer over-read in get_cart_type.
- Updated MBC1-MBC5 mapper documentation.
- David Haywood used more likely clocks for littlerb based on PCB crystals (main CPU is more likely 8MHz than 12MHz).
- Also added a hack to overclock the TMS to 120% so that the map screen renders properly.
- David Haywood moved Famiclone stuff from nes.xml to driver and added new sets.
- TheHpman corrected Neo Geo sprite tile code mask to 20 bits (was previously 19 bits).
- Tafoid fixed trailing space in -listclones and -listbrothers output.
- f205v and MetalliC updated naomi.cpp: Added five real dumps of SPI EEPROMs used in M1/171-7978B-type cartridges, updated docs.
- MetalliC updated naomi.cpp: Converted existing M1-type cart SN# EEPROMs data to be like real dumps.
- ShouTime and MetalliC updated naomi.cpp: Identified "Airline Pilots" sets as domestic Japan and World versions, according to information from Sega.
- ShouTime and brizzo updated the kuniokun driver: Replaced MCU simulation with actual dump.
- ShouTime and brizzo made use of the actual M68705P5 dump for Rumba Lumber, replaces inaccurate simulation.
- ShouTime and brizzo updated the Onna Sanshirou - Typhoon Gal driver: Use 68705 dump, replace inaccurate protection simulation.
- ShouTime and brizzo made use of the dumped M68705 for fieldday/undoukai.
- ShouTime and brizzo updated the tetrsark driver: Add a totally useless MCU dump (apparently blank).
- Lord Nightmare, ShouTime and brizzo updated the arkanoidja, arkanoidu, arkatour drivers: Replaced hand-crafted MCU programs with 68705 dumps.
- Lord Nightmare, ShouTime and brizzo updated the prebillian driver: Replaced MCU simulation with actual dump, fixed vblank input, fixed player 2 spinner input, and added launch button.
- Lord Nightmare updated ay8910.cpp: Made device_clock_changed respect YM2149 pin 26, added pinout, and remove outdated comments.
- Lord Nightmare updated socrates.cpp: Converted socrates and iqunlimz to bankdev, hooked up socrates hblank input, and made profweis machine configuration derive from socrates.
- Mike Ryan updated naomi.cpp: Bruteforced "Dragon Treasure" main unit DES key.
- Kingizor updated the svmu driver: Added two English BIOS versions and a newer Japanese BIOS version.
- MASH fixed missing VLM5030 speech in Hyper Crash and increased volume, and fixed VLM loading in jailbrek and clones.
- Pedro J. Martinez updated the gradius4 driver: Changed description to match title screen/flyer.
- AttackedbyGlitch renamed "Cyber Arcade 120-in-1" to "Defender M2500P 120-in-1" (correct name according to dumper).
- sjy96525 corrected descriptions for Gradius 4: Fukkatsu and Silent Scope 2.
- sjy96525 changed Air Combat 22 auto-centering throttle from Pedal to AD_STICK_Z.