MAME 0.34rc1 was released on 14 December 1998.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Dan Boris added preliminary sound support in the Exidy games.
- Nicola Salmoria fixed the music in Moon Patrol, Traverse USA and the other Irem games.
- NOTE: the high score save format has changed in some games to make it cross platform. The old scores for those games will be lost. If you see garbage in the high score table, or otherwise strange behaviour, delete the .hi file.
- Howard Cohen added high score support to Block Out, Dark Seal, Cosmic Alien, Crazy Balloon, Radarscope, Side Track.
- David Widel added high score support to Lode Runner (all versions), Kid Niki, Spelunker II, Jail Break, The Main Event, King of Boxer, Express Raider, Pac Land, Speed Ball.
- Carl-Henrik Skårstedt changed MAME that when using the SoundBlaster OPL chip, YM3812 commands are converted to play at the correct frequency.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status