MAME 0.35b13 was released on 24 May 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles made lots of improvements to the Atari drivers.
- Nicola Salmoria enabled the -triplebuffer option again in the DOS version, and triple buffering is disabled by default. Remember that -triplebuffer disables -vsync, so if you absolutely want to use -vsync in VESA modes, don't use -triplebuffer.
- Mike Coates fixed a couple of bugs in the 68000 emulation (both asm and C). They affected Power Spikes 2 and F1 Dream.
- Nicola Salmoria changed the DOS version so -stretch 1024x768 can be used with Sichuan II and Golden Star.
- Nicola Salmoria moved mixer control out of streams.c and into the new mixer.c. Now the On Screen Display can be used to change the volume of any channel, not just ones handled by streams.c. The configuration is also saved on exit and is automatically reloaded the next time you start the game.
- Mathias Rosenhauer and Mike Haaland added PNG save support. save_screen_snapshot() may be called by osd_save_snapshot() to save a standardized shot. Under DOS, .png files go go to the SNAP directory.
- Nicola Salmoria removed the volume field in the struct GameSample (since it is not stored in .wav files), to replace that struct Samplesinterface has an additional volume field which affects all samples played.
- Replaced osd_adjust_sample() with osd_set_sample_freq() and osd_set_sample_volume(), and the OSD_PAN_xxx macros with MIXER_PAN_xxx.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added