MAME 0.35b3 was released on 15 February 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Nicola Salmoria fixed big sprites in Tokio, and unified it with Bubble Bobble.
- Nicola Salmoria added 16-bit color support to the NeoGeo driver. It's enabled in a few games which were particularly affected by reduction to 256 colors.
- CPS1 games are being worked on, they are temporarily slower but accuracy is improved.
- Roberto Fresca added high score support to Ghost Busters, Maze Hunter, Canyon Bomber.
- Howard Cohen added high score support to Last Duel, Mad Gear, M79 Ambush, Lode Runner 2 & 3, Lot Lot, Dead Eye.
- Nicola Salmoria added support for the ORIGINAL version of Bubble Bobble, with 68705 code from a pirate board. Wizards do throw stones in this version.
- Quench emulated the protection (TMS32010) in Twin Cobra, which is now fully playable.
- Nicola Salmoria properly emulated the 68705 protection in The Electric Yo-Yo, Kram, Space Dungeon, Zoo Keeper.
- Eric Hustvedt simulated the 8751 protection in F1 Dream, but it seems to work on Macs only (endian issue?).
- Brad Oliver made a couple of bug fixes in the 6808 core.
- Quench added a TMS32010 emulator. This is used by Twin Cobra.
- Phil Stroffolino added new experimental TileMap code, used by Ninja Gaiden and Ghosts and Goblins. This makes the driver code cleaner and gives a major performance boost in the video rendering. DON'T USE IN NEW CODE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added