MAME 0.35rc1 was released on 13 June 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Tatsuyuki Satoh added sound to Great Swordsman, fixed ADPCM playback in Great Swordsman and Gladiator.
- Elestir improved Nemesis/Gradius/Twinbee/Salamander.
- Nicola Salmoria added a configuration option for the pause key in the "Keys (defaults)" configuration menu.
- Brian Lewis added new new video modes from CabMAME to the DOS version: low scanrate modes for connection to NTSC/PAL and arcade monitors. -monitor NNNN selects the monitor type: "standard" (default), "ntsc", "pal", "arcade". -centerx N and -centery N each take a signed value (-8 to 8 for centerx, -16 to 16 for centery) and let you shift the low scanrate modes around. -waitinterlace forces update of both odd and even fields of an interlaced display for each game loop.
- Nicola Salmoria turned off the many tweaked VGA modes in the DOS version, which may have caused compatibility problems with some video cards / monitors. By default, VESA is used; the -vesa command line switch is no longer used. Instead, there is a -tweak switch which enables the VGA tweaked modes.
- Brian Lewis and Andrea Mazzoleni added new tweaked VGA modes to the DOS version: 384x240 (for CPS1, Pang etc.), 384x256 (for Lode Runner etc.), 336x240 (for Gauntlet and other Atari games), 320x240 (for NeoGeo and others). They are used automatically, if your video card/monitor can't handle them, use -notweak (or try adjusting the parameters in mame.cfg if you know what you are doing).
- Nicola Salmoria removed the -nodouble command line option from the DOS version. Use -nostretch instead. If you are updating from an earlier beta, make sure to delete mame.cfg (or manually update it) otherwise stretch will be disabled.
- Nicola Salmoria changed the analog port handling to avoid problems with keyboard control (e.g. Arkanoid 2).
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added