MAME 0.35rc2 was released on 24 June 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Karl Stenerud added rotary control support to Top Gunner. This works in topgunbl *only* - the gun turret cannot be rotated in jackal and topgunr, those games don't support the rotary joystick.
- Nicola Salmoria incresed the horizontal resolution for NeoGeo to 320. This looks strange with some games, but it is definitely the correct value as I verified it on the real thing. Games like Puzzle Bobble and Baseball Stars use the extra area, while most of the other games draw just two bars in there. If a game looks odd, adjust your monitor to send the extra area offscreen.
- Mathias Rosenhauer fixed crashes in Demon, added analog controls to Tailgunner, fixed reset bug in Space Wars, added glove control to Boxing Bugs, added color to War of the Worlds and Boxing Bugs (seems to be wrong compared to Retrocade).
- Nicola Salmoria added scroll to Pinball Action when you push button 4, but I'm not sure it's correct.
- Nicola Salmoria simplified the error message when ROMs are missing. It now gives a list of all the missing ROMs, it doesn't stop at the first one.
- IMPORTANT FOR PORTERS: the "safety area" allocated by osd_new_bitmap() must now be 16 pixels instead of 8. This is required by the NeoGeo driver.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added