MAME 0.36b10 was released on 20 November 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- CAB fixed the music in cworld2j
- Nicola Salmoria adjusted the autoframeskip code in the DOS version, to make it increase frameskip a little faster, but not as fast as it was before the previous change. Let's see how this performs.
- Mathias Rosenhauer added support for gzipped (NOT zipped) cheat files. Uncompressed files still work.
- Merged the flags and orientation fields of struct GameDriver.
- Removed prom_memory_region from struct GameDriver. The PROM memory region is now specified directly in the ROM declaration, with ROM_REGIONX( length, REGION_PROMS ) Similarly, REGION_GFX1..8 are defined for gfx decoding, but drivers have not been updated to use them. See drivers/namcos86.c for the only example.
- Nicola Salmoria removed samplenames from stuct GameDriver. It is now in struct SamplesInterface, and some drivers load the samples directly without using that structure. Due to this change, -listsamples and -verifysamples, and the samples information in -listinfo, are no longer available. Actually, samples might not be working at all - I haven't tested them.
- Nicola Salmoria removed base and size from struct MemoryReadAddress, use MemoryWriteAddress to store the pointers. Several drivers had the bad habit of using MemoryReadAddress to initialize those variables, hopefully I haven't broken any while updating them.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added