MAME 0.36b15 was released on 21 January 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Sebastian Ojeda enabled raster effets in Metal Slug 2 (needed for the dunes at the beginning)
- Andrew Prime fixed the System 16 games in 16-bit video modes. With -depth 16, shadows are also color accurate, otherwise the old gray scale shadows are used.
- Bryan McPhail simulated the protection in the original version of Side Pocket.
- stream_init() and stream_init_multi() no longer have a sample_bits parameter. Sound emulators are required to generate 16-bit samples. Also removed osd_play_streamed_sample() and mixer_play_streamed_sample(): only the 16-bit version is available now.
- Added gain support to mixer.c, through the new MIXERG() macro (extension of MIXER()). Removed the gain filed from AY8910, YM2204, YM2610 structures.
- make68k.exe now requires as parameter the path of the comptab.asm include file (see makefile).
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added