MAME 0.36b16 was released on 4 February 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Vernon C. Brooks fixed shadow/highlight in the Namco System 1 games (check Dangerous Seed's title screen!).
- Mathias Rosenhauer added vector intensity control to the On Screen Display (for vector games).
- Andrea Mazzoleni unified the keyboard and joystick interfaces, now they are all assigned in the "Input" menu and you can mix them at will.
- Bernd Wiebelt added MMX optimized video blitting functions to the DOS version.
- The transition to the GAME() macro is complete. struct GameDriver must no longer be used. Alro removed the old ROM_REGION() and ROM_REGION_DISPOSE() macros, and renamed ROM_REGIONX() to ROM_REGION().
- The functionality of osd_skip_this_frame() is now more strictly defined (see osdepend.h). Ports not complying with that must be updated, otherwise problems with certain drivers might arise.
- Aaron Giles changed the sources so that mixer.c now does all sound mixing, generating one single sample stream, played using the new osd_XXX_audio_stream() functions. All other OS dependant sample functions (osd_play_sample() etc.) have been removed. This should standardize the sound output across ports, and allow porters to write much cleaner sound code.
- Removed some obsolete fields from struct GameOptions.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added