MAME 0.36b4 was released on 4 September 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Ernesto Corvi improved the protection workaround in Sunset Riders.
- Ernesto Corvi protection workaround in Thunder Cross - still not perfect.
- Andrew Prime made several fixes and improvmeents to the System 16 games.
- Darren Olafson fixed a 68000 "bug" (actually an undocumented feature of the cpu) that caused the timer to roll over from 00 to 99 in KOF98.
- Ernesto Corvi fixed a Konami CPU bug which caused problems with Parodius.
- Brian Lewis changed the tweked VGA modes definitions to be more compatible in the DOS version. It is suggested to delete mame.cfg to get rid of the obsolete tweak parameters. Remember to set tweak = yes after doing so.
- Phil Hopely added functionality to allow saving screen shots while the game is paused.
- Phil Hopely added code to allow single step while the game is paused, press Shift+P to advance to next frame.
- Nicola Salmoria added a new PORT_SERVICE() macro, use it instead of the long declaration needed for the service mode dip switch.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added