MAME 0.36b7 was released on 17 October 1999.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Massimo Morra added raster effects to Neo Turf Masters and Sengoku 2.
- Zsolt Vasvari fixed colors in Wanted, Marine Boy, Changes and Hopper Robo.
- Aaron Giles fixed YM2151 sound board support for Joust 2.
- Mike Coates completed the samples support in Space Panic.
- CAB added sound in Hot Chase.
- The new Allegro library supports the Gravis GrIP devices, use -joy grip or -joy grip4 to enable.
- The DOS version is now compiled with Allegro 3.9.26 WIP.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh made several improvements to FM sound emulators. This also fixes crashes in some Jaleco Mega System 1 games.
- VIDEO_UPDATE_BEFORE_VBLANK is now the default. If you want your driver to redraw the screen after vblank, use VIDEO_UPDATE_AFTER_VBLANK.
- Aaron Giles rewrote the HC55516 CVSD decoder. This affects Sinistar, Joust 2, Arch Rivals, Pigskin, Tri-Sports, Smash TV, Trog, Narc.
- Tatsuyuki Satoh made some fixes to HD63701 IRQ handling, and support for ICI (Input Capture Interrupt).
- Aaron Giles added a new function findmemorychunk() that lets you look up a chunk of memory and get its start/end addresses, and its base. This can be used (carefully!) by drivers that wish to access memory directly without going through the readmem/writemem accessors (e.g., blitters).
- Nicola Salmoria replaced cpu_reset() with cpu_set_reset_line(). cpu_set_reset_line(num,PULSE_LINE) is equivalent to the old cpu_reset(). ASSERT_LINE resets the cpu and halts it. CLEAR_LINE restarts it. This avoids the need to call cpu_halt() in most cases.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added