MAME 0.37b2 was released on 6 May 2000.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Aaron Giles added accurate sprite drawing in MCR 1 & 2 games (see Satan's Hollow)
- Bryan McPhail fixed sprite / tile priority in Mad Gear and Garyo Retsuden.
- Ernesto Corvi fixed adpcm decoding in the K053260, this improves several Konami games.
- Bryan McPhail fixed the Gang Wars original version, Super Baseball, Battlefield, Time Solders rev 1.
- Brad Oliver did a massive rewrite of the cheat system user interface. This is still a work in progress.
- Brad Oliver added a first pass for multi language support with external translation files.
- Bryan McPhail fixed some Hu6280 emulation bugs which caused missing levels in Trio the Punch.
- Replaced instances of "if (errorlog) fprintf(errorlog," with a call to the new function logerror().
- New filetypes that must be supported by the OS dependant code:
- new functions:
- Brad Oliver added a new filed in struct Gameoptions: language_file. The OS dependant code must initialize it if it wants to use a translation file.
- Aaron Giles added a new parameter to the end of the EEPROM interface to enable multiple reads to occur after a single read command. Added an EEPROM_set_data() routine that can be used to explicitly initialize the contents of the EEPROM if the NVRAM file isn't found.
New Games added or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added