MAME 0.59 was released on 22 March 2002.
The known contributors for this version are, in alphabetical order:
The known contributions for this version are, in the order specified in the whatsnew:
- Acho A. Tang fixed Super Stingray and Kyros, and most problems in Gold Medalist.
- Aaron Giles made some changes to use less CPU time when it's not needed in the Windows port. Use -nosleep to disable this behaviour during gameplay.
- Andrea Mazzoleni added a MMX implementation of the tilemap drawing code to the Windows port, providing a 5-10% speed increase with some games.
- Aaron Giles added support for compressed hard disk images.
- Aaron Giles added a new function tilemap_set_palette_offset() to set a global palette offset without having to use tilemap_mark_all_tiles_dirty().
New Games supported or promoted from GAME_NOT_WORKING status
New clones added